Unable to see HDHome Dual tuners (1 Viewer)

Cam

Portal Pro
February 28, 2012
Georgia
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I recently ran into channels losing the PMT at random, so I decided to reload.
In my previous install I had 2 HDHomeRun Primes and 1 HDHome Dual for outside Antenna. Both worked great until the no PMT thing.
After reinstalling I can't seem to get the HDHome Dual to show up in the tv Server. I have installed the lastest HDHomeRun software and MP1 1.13.0.0.
I am able to view all channels from all tuners in the HDHomeRun viewer.
Any Ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• HdHomeRun Setup 1.jpg
    HdHomeRun Setup 1.jpg
    61.5 KB
  • Tv Server 1.jpg
    Tv Server 1.jpg
    154.6 KB
  • Tv Server 2.jpg
    Tv Server 2.jpg
    212.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Cam

I recently ran into channels losing the PMT at random, so I decided to reload.
    That's a bit drastic. Did you happen to try a rescan first?

After reinstalling I can't seem to get the HDHome Dual to show up in the tv Server. I have installed the lastest HDHomeRun software and MP1 1.13.0.0.
    I am able to view all channels from all tuners in the HDHomeRun viewer.
    Any Ideas?
    Log files say:
    [2016-01-16 22:44:26,101] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Detected new digital BDA tuner device Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 103CA8B2-0 @device:sw:{71985F48-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}\Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 103CA8B2-0
    [2016-01-16 22:44:26,101] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - check type with MS NP
    [2016-01-16 22:44:26,101] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - failed to connect to MS NP
    [2016-01-16 22:44:26,101] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - check type with specific NPs
    [2016-01-16 22:44:26,101] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - failed to connect to specific NP
    [2016-01-16 22:44:26,101] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Detected new digital BDA tuner device Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 103CA8B2-1 @device:sw:{71985F48-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}\Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 103CA8B2-1
    [2016-01-16 22:44:26,101] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - check type with MS NP
    [2016-01-16 22:44:26,101] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - failed to connect to MS NP
    [2016-01-16 22:44:26,101] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - check type with specific NPs
    [2016-01-16 22:44:26,101] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - failed to connect to specific NP

In other words: TV Server detects your tuners, but it can't figure out what type (ATSC, DVB etc.) they're meant to be. As a result, TV Server can't use the tuners.

I don't recall seeing anything like this before with HDHRs.

What is the IP address of the HDHR box?
    Have you moved the HDHR or changed your network? (I mean, have you connected the HDHR to a new switch or router, or have you replaced a router? etc.)
    Do you run a firewall? If yes, does it make any difference if you [temporarily] take down the firewall the restart the TV service?
    Did you restart the PC (or at least the TV service) after setting the BDA compatibility mode etc. in HDHR Setup?
    Have you tried power cycling the HDHR?
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HDHR software/drivers?
    Do you recall which version of the HDHR software/drivers you were previously using? If yes, have you tried installing that version (or any other older version) in case SilliconDust have a bug in their latest software/drivers?

Regards,
    mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh, one more thing I meant to say...

TV Server will detect CableCARD tuners any time while running. In other words: you could power cycle a PRIME and TV Server should detect it dropping out and coming back online. The same should be true for ATSC and DVB tuners that are directly connected to your system. However the HDHR (not PRIME) is a bit special. I think TV Server would need to be restarted in order to detect any changes in the HDHR's config and/or presence. All this is to say: to be on the safe side, make sure you restart the TV service if you change any of the HDHR's configuration.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    That's a bit drastic
    yes, I will slap myself later :)

What is the IP address of the HDHR box?

Have you moved the HDHR or changed your network?
    No, nothing has changed

Do you run a firewall?
    Yes, I have also disable, but I did not power down after, I will retry the firewall thing.

Did you restart the PC (or at least the TV service) after setting the BDA compatibility mode etc. in HDHR Setup?
    Many times

Have you tried power cycling the HDHR?
    Yes

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HDHR software/drivers?
    I had uninstalled the latest software and drop back 2 versions. They all 3 show up in the hdhr software but not MP

Do you recall which version of the HDHR software/drivers you were previously using?
    No, sorry I don't recall the version.

How do you tell MP what type of turner it is manually, or do you want to do that

Also, now the stream from live TV has pauses

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. Another question: have you tried the "repair" button in HDHR Setup [edit: advanced tab]?

How do you tell MP what type of turner it is manually, or do you want to do that
    You can't.

Also, now the stream from live TV has pauses
    Sorry, as much as I'd like to help, I'm unable to tell you what's wrong or how to fix it without log files showing the issue. Too many possibilities.

Last edited:

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    I understand
    Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1453121836][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Another question: have you tried the "repair" button in HDHR Setup [edit: advanced tab]?
    No, but I will try[DOUBLEPOST=1453122241][/DOUBLEPOST]That was the correct answer.
    It worked!!

Thank you very much

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great! :)
    I guess the HDHR BDA configuration/installation somehow got itself into a tizz. HDHR View (or whatever it's called - I forget) communicates directly with the tuner using its native, proprietary interface. Therefore it has no need to use the BDA interface. Therefore it wouldn't be affected by a problem like this, as you've seen. However, any other software such as MediaPortal that uses the BDA interface would have been affected.

How about the pauses in the live TV stream? Are you intending to collect log files for that, or is it also solved?

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    I will get all the channels remapped, let it run for a day or two and see what happens.
    The logs that you are referring to are still MP logs right?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep, just standard MP log files collected using the Watchdog tool.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    Definitely going to make an Image of this drive when everything starts flowing correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom