Unable to see HDHome Dual tuners (1 Viewer)

Cam

Portal Pro
February 28, 2012
Georgia
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Mainly for the continuous errors, To see if this computer repeated what the other computer was doing.
The streaming looks much better on the current computer, so I figured that the logs should say it's good.:)

Cam

Portal Pro
February 28, 2012
Georgia
Home Country
Well, Dang!
I am getting No PMT found now, would you mind taking a look, Please?
Channel (863 Nickelodeon HD) at about 10:00am

Thank You

Attachments

• Tv Server 11.jpg
    Tv Server 11.jpg
    173.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What are you wanting me to look at/for?
    I mean, this is completely normal if your cable provider has moved the channel.

Are other channels affected?
    Do you have a tuning adapter/resolver (TA/TR)?

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country

Attachments

• HDHR 1.jpg
      HDHR 1.jpg
      77.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. There were no errors. Like I said in my previous reply, "no PMT found" is the message you should expect to receive if your cable provider moves a channel. It can be indicative of a tuner error condition in some cases (so try power cycling the tuner and/or TV Server), but in most cases it's just due to a broadcast change (so try a rescan).

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    Little more assistance Please.
    Earlier I used another computer and seemed to work better for a while but started failing like the 1st computer, so I back on my original computer it's faster with more ram (2.7GHz i5, 8GB Ram). It has worked smoothly in the passed.

When reinstalling MP I kept getting a lot more tuners than what I really had, so looking at my other PC's I noticed the HDHR were listed in each one of the other PC's. I reinstalled MP Client on those PC's, thinking that the TV server would not pick them up, but still somehow get listed in the TV server.

Now for the TV server, I have reinstalled full MP and pointed all the other PC's to the TV server using the IP address.
    I am still getting the pausing and pixelation. Can't figure it out.

When viewing the channels through the HDHR viewer program it is flawless.

Do you have a tuning adapter/resolver (TA/TR)?
    Still not sure what this is:)

Thanks

Attachments

• Tv Server 1.jpg
      Tv Server 1.jpg
      352.8 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When reinstalling MP I kept getting a lot more tuners than what I really had...
    The wiki:
    Note that you may see more tuners than you expect for 3 reasons...
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rver_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/7b_Scan_ATSC

Reason 2 applies for you.

Still not sure what this is:)
    The screenshot that you attached in your previous post makes it clear that TA/TR is irrelevant ("no tuning resolver connected"). I only asked in relation to the "no PMT found" stuff you reported earlier. Google can tell you more about what a TA/TR is if you really want to know:
    https://rebuild.timewarnercable.com...igitalCab/SwitchedDi/What-is-a-Tuning-Adapter
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switched_video

Earlier I used another computer and seemed to work better for a while but started failing like the 1st computer
    You've had 2 completely different types of "failures" - PMT errors and continuity errors. So, when you say "started failing like the 1st computer", do you mean you saw PMT errors, continuity errors, or both?

I am still getting the pausing and pixelation. Can't figure it out.
    The situation appears to be identical to previous, therefore the same reply I made earlier could be copied and pasted:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hdhome-dual-tuners.133423/page-2#post-1172385

Without access to your PC it's very hard for me to help you further than this. You have all the tools and information - Windows task manager, TV Server log files, TV Server manual control, the PRIME tuner web pages, HDHR View, DPC Latency Checker, security software configuration consoles etc. - that you need to solve this problem at your beckon call whereas I'm on the other side of the world. It's not possible to give you step-by-step instructions for investigation because it isn't a linear process (first do A, followed by B and C). It's a case of making observations, applying logic, and then trying things that might make sense given what you observe...

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    You've had 2 completely different types of "failures" - PMT errors and continuity errors. So, when you say "started failing like the 1st computer", do you mean you saw PMT errors, continuity errors, or both?
    No PMT Failures this time

Without access to your PC
    I'm not opposed to you logging in, only if you don't mind.

Thanks

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    What log files do you mainly look for?

Thank you for your time:):)

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    Update:
    Finally got this thing running smooth again.
    I found out that Comcast had changed over the Mpeg4 format, so I'm guessing more info to stream.
    I rescanned in both HDHR software and MP, from here things started to flow a little better, but still some pausing. Next and I think the best thing I did was to change to Cat6 cables. I read that Cat5e will work but you are pushing data through a smaller hole and sometimes will have problems. I am in the process of replacing the whole network with Cat6 cables.
    All my switches are Net-gear Gigabit.
    Another thing I think helped a lot too is putting TV Server computer and tuners into one switch.

Thanks mm1352000 for your help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom