[no Bug] Unable to send MP to Standby wile TV is playing (1 Viewer)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2 RC
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide - Streamed MP
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Pro 32bit SP1
    CPU Type: AMD FUSION 1.6Mhz Zacate
    HDD: Seagate 1 Tb
    Memory: 4Gb DDR3 Kingston
    Motherboard: ASUS E35M1-M PRO
    Video Card: Ati Radeon HD 6310 Zacate APU
    Video Card Driver: 10.13
    Sound Card: Realtek HD audio
    Sound Card AC3: AC3-Coaxial (in use) and Optical
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-4000
    1. TV Card Type: analog, DVB-S and DVB-T (HDTV also)
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: Avermedia AverTV DigiVolar EX
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T HDTV
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Power DVD 9 - SAF 4- Ffdshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MS DTV-DVD audio codec -FFdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: Power DVD 9 - SAF 4 - MS DTV-DVD
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Asta 19.2ºE
    HTPC Case: Fujitsu-Siemens Activy (similar Scaleo E)
    Cooling: Pasive
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Toshiba MCE - Conceptronic MCE
    TV: Panasonic Plasma 42 - Infocus Projector
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI -Video component - DVI...all

Hello!
    I've a problem to send my PC to Standby. When I hit the power button in my remote, the screen and monitor goes off as spected but computer continues ON. If I press any button (to recover from standby) the monitor goes ON and is still playing the tv channel as if never stopped from playing. The tv server doesn't stop the tv card and prevents the system to Standby.

I previously had problems with music database. I upgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.2 RC directly. The tvserver shows errors related to database also and power scheduled.

Thanks
    A:D

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've a problem to send my PC to Standby. When I hit the porter button in my remote, the screen and monitor goes off as spected but computer continues ON. If I press any button (to recover from standby) the monitor goes ON and is still playing the tv channel as if never stopped from playing. The tv server doesn't stop the tv card and prevents the system to Standby.
    This is away mode and is expected behaviour (Description of the new Away mode for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005)

(basically if TV server is actively tuned to a channel it will not allow standby as it could be a recording or be being streamed to a client)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm, I am not enterly convinced that this is correct behaviour. The idea was, that if the TV Server is recording it should go to away mode. Just watching is not the same.

Arkard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After some reading in the forums about this problem I aggree that the Team whants this behaviour. Nevertheless it's crappy.

If you really want MP to trigger the Suspend you should make this practical.

I switched now from a direct Standby-Button on my Remote to a shortcut to the MP Suspend ACTION. Now, after pressing the Power Button I have to answear a the question (Normally at this point the TV is already off). Unfortunately If TV was on the HTPC still won't suspend, but go into the TV Section.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You could map your suspend button to "Stop", "Suspend". That should stop current TV and Suspend the htpc.

upspace

Portal Member
    October 19, 2005
    How would such a macro look like?

Stop-Stop go to home screen and suspend. I also want this behaviour. One remote button press to go to standby (just before falling asleep).

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hmmm, I am not enterly convinced that this is correct behaviour. The idea was, that if the TV Server is recording it should go to away mode. Just watching is not the same.

After some reading in the forums about this problem I aggree that the Team whants this behaviour. Nevertheless it's crappy.

If you really want MP to trigger the Suspend you should make this practical.

Kind of agree but this is part of what MS defined
    Media playback is stopped, except for live TV.

I guess you are saying that you want the standby button to stop live TV and then go to sleep?

AIUI some motherboards will allow you to disable away mode in BIOS.

Either way, this is not a bug but possibly an improvement suggestion

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using the remote mappings you can define 2 actions to be taken on a remote key press (I have not tried, saw threads from others & remember the gui on remote mapping definition). Use Stop first (All Conditions), then Power Hibernat (All Conditions) or whatever type you prefer.

That "should" work I think.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Kind of agree but this is part of what MS defined
    This is not based on a MS definition, this is what the team defined for MP. We should be able to change that.

AIUI some motherboards will allow you to disable away mode in BIOS.
    I don't think so, since Away mode is a pure SW concept. You can disable it in PS, but then you might not get the recording protection or you might get the same behaviour just without the away mode. So your power button does nothing when playing TV.

Either way, this is not a bug but possibly an improvement suggestion
    I would say so. It is great if MP does not honor a shutdown request when it is recording, but it is nonsensical when the user in a single seat environment is powering down while TV is running (and no recording) then it usually meant that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom