unable to start graph with DigitalRise PC-TV DVB-C (2 Viewers)

muellerheik

Portal Member
December 25, 2009
MediaPortal Version: mediaportal-svn-01-08-2010--02-15-Rev24669
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium 32 SP2
CPU Type: Intel Core2 E6600 2,4GHz
HDD: Seagate 300GB
Memory: 2GB DDR2 800MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte EG45M-UD2H
Video Card: Onboard Intel X4500HD
Video Card Driver: 7.15.10.1908
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek HD Audio
Sound Card AC3: 5.1 AC3
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.6000
1. TV Card: digital-everywhere FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 5.7
2. TV Card: digitalrise PC-TV DVB-C PCI
2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
2. TV Card Driver: 1.1.0.300
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD9
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC-MPA
h.264 Video Codec: PDVD9
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Standard tower
Cooling: Intel CPU cooler
Power Supply:
Remote: FireDTV
TV: Sony Bravia 4500
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

When I'm using DigitalRise (Twinhan Mantis) TV card driver newer the 1.1.0.300, I gets problems with TV Server. Sometimes the canel scan will not find any signal. After restarting the TV Server service, the canel scan finds the TV canels. After scanning I select any TV canel from the list for preview and I gets the fault message "unable to start graph". Always when I restart the TV Server service, I can preview any canel only one times before I gets the fault "unable to start graph". With TV Client it is not possible to watch TV using the DigitalRise card.
I made this test with driver versions 1.1.0.400, 1.1.1.700 and 1.1.1.800, the problem is always the same. Now I'm running MediaPortal with driver version 1.1.0.300, it works.
It seams that there is a bug in TV Server software.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Use search. This has been solved some time ago. You have to use debug options and reset graph from there.

muellerheik

Portal Member
    December 25, 2009
    Hello Manfred,

thanks you very much for your anwser. Your hint, to search for debug option, helped me to find the solution.

Best regards

Muellerheik

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Muellerheik, could you please tell me how you solved the problem?
    I think I have a similar problem with my Technotrend C-1501 DVB-C tuner. However, I have done a lot of searching on the forums and even Google, without finding a solution. I might be looking the wrong places, but believe me, I have tried :)

Thanx in advance :)

muellerheik

Portal Member
    December 25, 2009
    Hello sgatke,
    you can try to use the debug mode for the TV-Server Configuration. To activate the debug mode you must open the properties of the TV-Server Configuration shortcut. Here you will find the target to run the Setup TV.exe (e.G. "C:\Program Fiels\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Setup TV.exe"). Add behint the target string the switch for debug mode --DebugOptions (e.G. "C:\Program Fiels\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Setup TV.exe" --DebugOptions). If you start the TV-Server Configuration now, it will run in debug mode and you will find an additional menu Debug Options. In this menu you must activate the function Always reset graph after stop. Since this function is active in my PC, the DVB-C card works perfect.
    Best regards
    Muellerheik

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank you.
    I found out that to use --DebugOptions, I need to upgrade to MediaPortal/TV-Engine SVN 1.0.4.24 (or something). Unfortunately, that version is incompatible with a plug-in that I am using. At least, that is what I am guessing. If I run the new version, I get a "MediaPortal has encountered a problem and needs to close" error message. I think that the plug-in in question is probably Moving Pictures which I use for BluRay playback.
    I was wondering if there is a way to enter "DebugOptions" with version 1.0.2? Specifically, I think I am looking for the option to "Always reset graph after stop".

Anyone, please?

Crabstick

Portal Pro
    June 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I am affected by this too. MP 1.0.2 and Mantis card not starting graph. Is there a workaround? Other than bleeding edge SVN.

Twinhan mantis 1.1.1.800
    MP 1.0.2

To devs: You are doing a great job! Can't wait for 1.1.0 stable.

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello Crabstick

I solved my problem by updating to Media Portal 1.1 BETA.
    My Technotrend DVB-C card works like a charm and I could even install Moving Pictures and TV Series on the system as well.
    My experience, so far, with 1.1 BETA is that it is _very_ stable.
    You could consider giving that a try.

Crabstick

Portal Pro
    June 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi sgatke,

I'll update to MP 1.1 when I have time, I just can't right now.

I resolved this by downgrading the drivers. I was able to find some older Mantis drivers from somewhere. I started with 1.1.1.800 (latest) which doesn't work. Then 1.1.1.700 (same) -> 1.1.1.500 (crash) -> 1.1.0.400 (unstable bitstream, lots of artifacts), and now running 1.1.0.300 which seems to work.

muellerheik, you came to the same conclusion few posts back (top of the page). Thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom