"unable to start timeshifting no supported software encoder installed" - on svideo (1 Viewer)

M

mgillaus

Hi there, I tried searching for the error below but couldn't find anything

"unable to start timeshifting no supported software encoder installed"

TV-Server Version: sorry, the one that comes with MP 1.0.1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue wide
Windows Version: XP Mce 2005 with sp3
CPU Type: AMD 7750x2
HDD: 750gb sata
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: asus m3n78-em
Video Card: 8300gt
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: DVICO FusionHDTV Hybrid
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T + analog tuner + svideo/rca input
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Austar
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

Hi Guys, got my digital DVB-T channels working great in MP, but I have a satellite tv box from Austar (paytv provider) that I'd like to use too. I have no trouble using the software that comes with the tv card from dvico, but in media portal tv server setup, I have set up the svideo channel (seems ok)..

But when I go to view that channel in the 'channel' list in mediaportal I get the above error.

Does this mean my card won't work for analog input sources in media portal?

Any help is really appreciated!

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
to do anything analogue in MP you need a third party comectial MPEG encoder codec, one of the ones specificly listed somewhere in the MP wiki (not sure wher, it is very hard to find). if you have any DVD cration software try installing that and it might help.

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
...(not sure wher, it is very hard to find)...

Not that hard, just 3 clicks away
1 click on "manual" on the top right in this page
2 click on "mediaportal supported tv cards"
3 click on "related guide" under Analog Software encoder.

Presto!:p

M

mgillaus

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies.

I ended up getting the intervideo mpeg encoder installed, and MP recognised it in it's configuration.

It seemed to work once, I could click the preview button for that channel and got sound and video. But afterwards I kept getting 'no audio/video detected' errors when trying to view/preview/manual control the analog svideo channel that I added.

I also found the Cyberlink mpeg encoder and the mainconcept one, installed both but they were both not recognised by mediaportal (when intervideo is not installed) (also checked with graphedit and they did not show up in the video compressors list).

So I'm still kind of stuck at the moment. It could just be it doesn't like this particular tv card..? :confused:

Is an alternative to get a card that has a hardware encoder for mpeg2 for analog sources on it (so MP does not need to rely on 3rd party installed ones)? If so, do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country

I kept looking in the manual for the tv server, where there is also a section on suported TV cards but not that section. I also tried the search on that page and found nothing. that is the page I were talking about.

I did get software encoding card to work and it only took about 4 years. still trying for analogue radio.

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France

I kept looking in the manual for the tv server, where there is also a section on suported TV cards but not that section. I also tried the search on that page and found nothing. that is the page I were talking about.

I did get software encoding card to work and it only took about 4 years. still trying for analogue radio.

I would suggest that you enrich your diet with dopamine-rich food like meat,fish,milk, egg yolks etc. You would see some results in a few months.

@mgillaus
Just check the supported cards in the manual:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom