Unable to Stream: 2.0 (1 Viewer)

Jorge Acosta

Portal Member
October 20, 2012
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Vasilich, you are on to something:) .... see attached. I will mess with it some and get back to you.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    48.4 KB

Jorge Acosta

Portal Member
October 20, 2012
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Home Country
Vasilich, I tried your recommendation but nothing is working. I even tried 60000 :) . Looking at the logs, it is still using port 0. Is there a manual way to change this in an xml file or database file? I even tried the TCPVIEW program recommended when a port is already bound. That shows nothing using port 554. I went back to port 554 in the meantime. see attached.

Attachments

• tcpview.png
    tcpview.png
    543.7 KB

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
the port used will be announced for RTSP clients from TV Server, so as soon as you get it working in TV Server (additional 3rd party checks - all should be green), clients will automatically get proper port number (together with stream address). So - choose free port number, apply setting, and check on addit 3rdparty checks page if all is green.
And 3rd time: try to configure hostnames instead of IP addresses (can't explain it right now, but there were some users submitting that IP didn't work and hostname worked.)

Jorge Acosta

Portal Member
October 20, 2012
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Home Country
Sorry Vasilich, I did not ignore your recommendation to change to hostname. I did and the problem was still present. Also, this is not a new install and it was working for months with the IP address.

I cannot get the port# to work. Every port I try says it is already bound. I do not understand why. Any other ideas? I am trying to avoid doing reformat of the HDD. I have read instances where this will solve the problem, obviously. The logs continue to say that it is using port 0 regardless of what port# I change it to. Also, as stated above, the TV Serve Configuration will acknolege that I changed the port#, even though it continues to say every port# is bound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom