Unable to View Recorded .ts TV shows using MP1 (1 Viewer)

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Suffolk
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, Earlier today, I was successfully watching a .ts TV recorded film. Tried the watch the rest of this afternoon but (a) the film (amongst a few others) had disappeared from my Recorded TV folder, and (b) the folder defination had been changed to something I wasn't expecting. However, I tried to view a recording that did exist in the folder (via MP1 and setting the folder to it's actual location) and had same problem. Tried viewing using VLC and that worked okay. I've attached the logs in the hope that someone can advise a solution. I've installed the latest Shark001 codecs but no difference.

The only thing that's changed is that I've connected a server (with it's own installation of MP1) to the network as I'm in the processes of revuilding my home theatre solution having just moved house. ...but also I did instal Kodi yesterday afternoon o play around with IPTV setup.

Thanks in anticipation.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya Rob

Thanks for the log files. (y)

Without meaning to be picky, considering that your log files cover approximately 6 days, it would be really helpful if you could be a little more specific on a few points.

Earlier today...
    This could mean different times or even different days depending on which part of the world the reader is in. More helpful would be a date and [approximate] time.

the film (amongst a few others)
    This doesn't help at all when it comes to finding relevant sections in the log files. More helpful would be specific recording names.

the folder defination had been changed
    Sorry, I have no idea what you mean by this. Please could you ellaborate.

changed to something I wasn't expecting
    More helpful would be to say what it had changed to and what you were expecting.

Thanks! :)

P.S.
    I've installed the latest Shark001 codecs...
    Personally I wouldn't have recommended this. Best to avoid codec packs where possible. They can and unfortunately often do cause more problems than they solve.

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Suffolk
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Points taken!

As for the problem itself, it's now gone away. i.e. The recorded TV videos (those that didn't play yesterday) are now all playing. The only change I made was to re-instal the audio drivers from ASUS (specific to my P8Z77-V PRO motherboard) as my headphones had stopped working. No idea if it's related but both issues (headphones and playback of recorded TV) are now resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom