Unable to watch Live TV on Server/Client setup (1 Viewer)

badger_fruit

Portal Member
August 18, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
SERVER
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: N/A not used to watch TV
Windows Version: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.100427-1650)
CPU Type: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
HDD: Random 40GB SATA
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Motherboard: System Manufacturer: IBM System Model: 8171Z5V
Video Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Video Card Driver: ialmrnt5.dll 6.14.0010.4497 (English)
Sound Card: Vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE)
Sound Card Driver: vinyl97.sys 6.14.0001.4200 (English)

CLIENT
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Default Blue3
Windows Version: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.100427-1650)
CPU Type: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
HDD: Random 40GB SATA
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Motherboard: System Manufacturer: IBM System Model: 8171Z5V
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
Video Card Driver: nv4_disp.dll 6.14.0011.6921 (English)
Sound Card: Vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE)
Sound Card Driver: vinyl97.sys 6.14.0001.4200 (English)

Above information taken from DXDIAG performed 12/01/2011 (ie just prior to posting this thread!).

Good evening. I hope that someone can please help me ...
After running a successful MythTV setup for some time, recent problems (not sure what but for some reason my cards were no longer locking on channels making the PVR useless) and discussing with friends, I decided to try Media Portal. Unfortunately, I am having very little success and I am turing here for some help and advice please!!

I have installed a Hauppauge NOVATD500 PCI card into my TV Server and performed a clean installation of Windows XP Professional. I have downloaded and applied all patches and updates from Microsoft too. I grabbed the latest copy of Mediaportal from the official website a few days ago (v 1.1.2.0 if I recall correctly) and following the simple installation, configured the machine to be the TV Server.

When I start the TV Server configuration and scan for channels, the channels I expect to be found, are indeed found so all looks good from that perspective. My problem is, when I start the client and click "TV ON" the client seems to hang and I can only use the PC again once I kill the process via Task Manager.

I have read and re-read all the guides and how-tos I can find on the topic but I am afraid to say it but I am at a dead end with no working TV Server/Client :(

Please, can someone offer any support/ideas/suggestions?!
I am happy to provide whatever logs are needed but I don't know what to post in this first instance.
Many thanks for those who have taken the time to read and any help that can be suggested

Kind regards
badger_fruit

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The Win TV Nova is definately gonna work just fine. So...may I suggest you try with another client? Can you play other videofiles? Can you record tv, and then play back the recordings? Just try and schedule a recording from the EPG and check when it's done recording.

I also have a feeling that the Nvidia 6200 may not be up to the job.

If all things fail you should read MediaPortal Forum - Announcements in Forum : General Support to get proper support. Log-files are needed in 90% of all questions, and definately needed with this issue :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom