Unable to watch one TV Channel on one Client (1 Viewer)

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

I've got a problem with one of my HTPC Clients but only for one channel. After tuning this channel i get the german error message "Abspielen nicht möglich: live7-0.ts". In english something like "Unable to play: live7-0.ts".

Strange is: I've got this problem only on this channel and only on this client. The other clients didn't have this problem:
    HTPC1 (the one with the problem): Win 10, specs in my profile
    Notebook: Dell Notebook: Win 8.1, no problems
    Gaming PC, Win 10, no problems
    Old HTPC, Win 10, no problems

Maybe important: I'm using the UNC Paths for watching TV (Advanced Settings below TV) and i'm using the 1.13 Pre Release version both for Clients and Server.

Please find the logs of the HTPC1 attached to this post.
    I appreciate any help.

P.s. I also have a different problem with a black screen and having only audio when turning on TV on this client. This happens not so often, but in the log example this happened at the end after tuning to the channel with the problem.

Thanks in advance!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Hotkey

Thank you for the report. I'm confused because I don't see any attempts to view any channels in your log files. It seems like you opened MediaPortal... and then just closed it again 3 seconds later.

Regards,
    mm

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahhh, i accidantly clicked "OK" in whatchdog again and the MP started again. I guess i uploaded the wrong log files. I'lll attach them later when i'm home again. Sorry for the confusion!

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've uploaded the new logs to the first post und removed the old ones. Hopefully they contain enough information. Again thanks in advance!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. (y)
    The cause of the problem isn't 100% clear. Can you please also post the TV Server log files so I can check that the server is time-shifting successfully.

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please find the three logs attached. Since the server is running for two weeks now i removed some older entries from the TVService.log

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, thank you.

This could be part of the problem:
    [2015-12-23 09:25:22,250] [Log ] [62 ] [INFO ] - Controller: delete timeshift files C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live7-0.ts
    [2015-12-23 09:25:22,250] [Log ] [62 ] [INFO ] - Controller: delete C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live7-0.ts.tsbuffer
    [2015-12-23 09:25:22,251] [Log ] [62 ] [DEBUG] - Controller: Error "The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live7-0.ts.tsbuffer' because it is being used by another process." on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles

None of the time-shift files are able to be deleted. That might be caused by the use of UNC sharing. However, such a problem should be able to affect any channel (not just RTL HD) and any client.

The other possible cause is related to decryption.

Unfortunately I'm not able to help further than this since you're using "the plugin". If you want further help from me then you're going to need to reproduce the problem with the plugin completely disabled.

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, thanks. Very strange that this problem also does not exists with the other clients even with the same channel.
    Reproducing this problem without the plugin isn't possible since it only affects this channel ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom