Unable to Watch/Preview TV Streams (1 Viewer)

nuclfusion

June 7, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've tried a week now to get this to work. System is a single-seat with TV server. Went through the Wiki for installation and configuration. System involves an HD Homerun Prime (Verizon FIOS) connected to a router. Router then feeds TV and other hardwired locations throughout the house.

When scanning each TV Tuner, it picks up all 700+ channels available within FIOS. When trying to preview, TV startup, etc. I get the unknown errors occurred message. Disabled Windows 7 Firewall and tried but same error.

Uninstalled/wiped out all directories/reinstalled all components without any progress. Currently use WMC for my HTPC which is working fine. Using HD Homerun preview also works without issue. I suspect somehow I have to release the licence from WMC so that MP can access it?

I now need heeeeelp! Please, help me!

Thanks!

nuclfusion

June 7, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Up and running!

First, make sure your firmware for your tuner's updated. Guess mine hadn't been since mid 2013...

Second, changed the main application within the HDHomerun config from WMC to MediaPortal. All is awesome. Thanks all!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

Up and running!
    LOL, just as I was typing a response too. :D
    I'm glad to hear it.

I've tried a week now to get this to work.
    Dude, seriously - a glutton for punishment?!?
    Please don't hesitate to ask for help around here. We don't bite. :)

The problem was this:
    [2015-06-06 21:41:38,923] [Log ] [22 ] [INFO ] - dvb: RunGraph returns: 0xFFFFFFFE

...which means that TV Server was not able to receive the stream from the tuner.

The likely solution was this:
    First, make sure your firmware for your tuner's updated. Guess mine hadn't been since mid 2013...

As it says in our wiki:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/0_TV_Card_Features#Supported_Tuners

In general, MediaPortal's TV Server supports:
    CableCARD tuners: Ceton, Hauppauge and Silicondust tuners are supported. ATI TV Wonder support is unknown. Silicondust tuners require 20130708beta1 firmware or later.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom