Unclear TV rendering (1 Viewer)

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey Guys,

I recently tried W7 Media Center when I upgraded to W7 to see how it performs these days. I am now back in MP land, but have found an interesting issue.

The morning news show I watch has a "ticker" scrolling headlines etc. along the bottom of the screen. I never noticed an issue until I moved to media center. In MediaPortal the scrolling ticker looks blurry, as if the scrolling text leaves a shadow after each letter. In media center it was very VERY clear.

No hardware has changed, so I assume it is MP. Could this be the TS reader/writer, or is it more likely to be the renderer that MC uses vs what MP uses? I haven't added any codecs above what W7 installs, nor have I changed the default codecs in MP config.

Any thoughts?

Untitled.png

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: Avalalon
Windows Version: Windows 7 Pro
CPU Type: AMD 64X2 5200
HDD: Seagate 1tb, Seagate 2tb, Seagate 500gb
Memory: Hynix 2x 1gb
Motherboard: Asus M2N-SLI
Video Card: Nvidia 8400gs Silent
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Asus
Sound Card AC3: Coax out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Avermedia A700pro
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: :
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD 8
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD 9
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Optus D2, Freeview/Skytv
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC17
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Microsoft MCE Remote
TV: Panasonic 42" Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Seems to me you have SAF installed (or have manually installed FFDShow and LAV), so you did install 3rd party codecs ;)

Anyways, is the problem you see on MPEG2 or MPEG4 channel(s)?

What is your Windows-refreshrate and your TV's refreshrate?

Logs after playing TV with the problem showing would be the best way to get any more specific help...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi metalla_nz

In MediaPortal the scrolling ticker looks blurry, as if the scrolling text leaves a shadow after each letter. In media center it was very VERY clear.
    You didn't mention what channel you're viewing, but either way the streams from Optus D2 and D1 (Freeview, Sky) are digital MPEG 2 - the blurriness will have nothing to do with TsReader or TsWriter. If you like the quality of the image produced by MC then use the MC video codec in MP. Set the MPEG codec on the TV tab in the codecs and renderer section in MP configuration to Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoder. If you still experience problems then it is possible it is caused by deinterlacing algorithm/quality or refresh rate matching as suggested by Pilehave.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom