Unconsistent behavior in textboxscrollup and defines in MP 1.13 (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You are right. I realized while I was doing the lastest tests. And now, moved <textcolor>#test_textcolor_xml</textcolor> to myvideo.views.default.xml (thanks for your advice/explanation), are working (y).
    I realized that if <define property="true">#test_textcolor_property_xml:ffff0000</define> is moved to myvideo.views.default.xml, works ok also. But in this case, it should work, even if it was in a diferent file (in the end, it's a property, no?) :confused:.

Thank you very much for you invaluable help, your time and your advice (y)(y)(y):LOL:

Yep, it should work but when analyzing it, like on first check it didn't find the value (because it's in another file), MP think it's a text color, read here the '#test_textcolor_property_xml' is like a text like 'white' and this is why it failed.

I agree that maybe MP should read all files before but it didn't.
    For a text it's different because there is another check in render code of GUITextScrollUpControl.cs but not for the color, the color is set before (surely to keep GPU/CPU usage etc.

So do you confirm me that all seems to works if we set property and value in the current XML ?

XMaM

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Asturias
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Quote to myself
    [UPDATE]
    Now I have seen your last post...

var rm="read_more ...";var o="... Read Less";var adjustheight=20; More or less it's demonstrated in my last test. If <define property="true">#test_textcolor_property_xml:ffff0000</define> is moved to myvideo.views.default.xml, works ok also, because is parsed/initiated in the first check. This is probably the same problem for the rest of properties that don't work.

All defines moved to myvideo.views.default.xml and EVERYTHING is working :)

Only one thing left: why isn't a property correctly parsed in that second check? I'm sure you will be able to find the reason for it (y).

[UPDATE]
    I was writting while you send the previous post, but I had the same idea, so here is the answer...[DOUBLEPOST=1452940635][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yep, it should work but when analyzing it, like on first check it didn't find the value (because it's in another file), MP think it's a text color, read here the '#test_textcolor_property_xml' is like a text like 'white' and this is why it failed.
    Yep, but not only fails with <textcolor>, it also fails with the other properties in <label>

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just encountered this one ;)
    In general: defines work only in the xml were there are placed in. If you need a "global" define (working in different xmls) you must place those in a separate file, e.g. global.defines.xml and then <include> that file in all xmls were you want to use those global defines.
    Your approach above was totally false and generated soleley a waste of time for Seb ;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok :)

So we are agree that the fix made in 1.13 trigger a regression right ? or not lol ? (i'm lost).

@XMaM , i have try to see why it failed for the second check, it seems because the new skin is already loaded, so i think we need to go the way of @catavolt :)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In general: defines work only in the xml were there are placed in. If you need a "global" define (working in different xmls) you must place those in a separate file, e.g. global.defines.xml and then <include> that file in all xmls were you want to use those global defines.
    From WIKI: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/7_Skins/Skin_Architecture/Defines
    • property - a boolean value; either "true" or "false. If "true" then the <define> is promoted to MediaPortal property status and can be used just as any other property is used (in any MediaPortal window).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok :)

But i'm not sure that all is ok with the fix from : https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4695.

In the fix, it doesn't try to see if we have a value for a define property when it's textboxscrollup, this mean that when it's a textcolor etc. the value is not parsed and then should failed, it's what i notice while debugging.

Peter can you confirm it ?

XMaM

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Asturias
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Your approach above was totally false and generated soleley a waste of time for Seb ;)
    I agree, of course, but the beggining of all this (the main problem) really was that in 1.13 the defines placed in references.xml stopped working in textscrollboxup. Kindly, Sebastiii partially reverted the fix for 1.13 and have returned to work (tanks) without any regresion..

The other question is why a property don't work across the files. According to the wiki:
    • 'global' <define> tags can be also be used in the references.xml to define global values
    By promoting <define> tags to be tracked inside MediaPortal as properties skin designers will be able to use defines to transfer information from one page to another and to use those values in skin expressions and functions
    In this last case, it's not clear in the wiki that the defines are working only in "one direcction". As you said, it seems that only work from the included file to the principal file (you can define in the include file and consume in the principal). Did I understand correctly?
    Really, I don't need a "global" define (working in different xmls), only put a define in the main file and then use it in an include file, like <define>#header.label:3</define> in myvideo.xml that then is used in <import>common.time.xml</import> (Titan skin). But this not always worked with textboxscrollup and this was the reason for the fix that Sebastiii included in 1.13 (and unfortunately trigger a regresion).

So we are agree that the fix made in 1.13 trigger a regression right ? or not lol ? (i'm lost).
    Yes. But your last change, solved it (if the rest of the remaining fix is the same that is in 1.13). The new core.dll that you posted, work well with the references.xml file.

Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences ;)

[UPDATE]
    Sorry but I don't read the last posts until now, so maybe that I said are no sense :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom