Unexpected error on first startup (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yep, that's about the time my HTPC is on...What can I do about the continuous EPG grabbing? How long should a normal dayly DVB-EPG grabbing for the coming seven days take for about 150 to 200 channels?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep, that's about the time my HTPC is on...What can I do about the continuous EPG grabbing? How long should a normal dayly DVB-EPG grabbing for the coming seven days take for about 150 to 200 channels?
    Not really sure, depends on your ISP also.
    I see that you multiple tuners, did you enable EPG grabbing on both of them? Maybe only 1 tuner is set for EPG grabbing, and if this is your primary tuner, watching TV will stop the process (unless you ticked 'EPG Grabbing while timeshifting/recording').

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Isp has nothing to do with it: i have ADSL for internet, from telfort and DVB-C for tv, from caiway. So no web from DVB-C.
    All cards are set to grab.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, indeed not related to ISP in your case :) I made the assumption that your ISP also provided DVB-C (bad assumption since my ISP is Ziggo).

Only thing i can think of to figure out the problem is to do the following:
    - disable WebEPG grabbing completely (which you already did)
    - disable DVB EPG grabbing when idle
    - check the box for EPG grabbing when timeshifting/recording.

That way EPG grabbing should only start when you're timeshifting/recording, and it should be idle when you shut down the system. If that solves your problem on startup/resume, we need to figure out why EPG grabbing takes so long, so we can (hopefully) fix it.

Alternatively you could disable ALL EPG grabbing, check the tvserver_epg.log so you're sure tha EPG grabbing has stopped, shutdown the PC and start it up again and see if the problem also occurs.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does that mean that the problem is gone when you disable this? And is your EPG still getting filled?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe it helps tracking down the issue to see how long it takes for your EPG to get populated. What happens when you only select (check) 10/15 TV Channels for EPG grabbing? And how long does that take? Or does that also result in that infinite loop?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom