unhandled exception error, and, no sound on first TV channel selected - fine afterwards

Discussion in 'General' started by rexdog, March 1, 2019.

1. rexdog

rexdog Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    I'm not sure if these two issues are related.

When i start W10, i get an unhandled exception error (message ibroker service). I can clear those errors, and it doesn't seem to affect anything (i can start MP2, and TV configuration).

When i first watch TV, regardless of the first channel i select, there is no sound. If i go back to epg, select another channel, i get sound. then if i go back to the first 'no sound' channel, then the sound plays. It's odd? Not sure if the unhandled exception error is related.

Attached Files:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,374 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Similar sound issues have been reported here: No sound on videos

Which LAV version are you using? Would you mind testing the latest nightly 0.73.1-30 to verify if this changes anything? MP2 needs to be closed for LAV to get installed.

4. rexdog

rexdog Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Thanks for reply, apologies delay....
    I'm not sure. I did a quick search and couldn't see how to find this out.

Yep, tried that. Downloaded and installed (didn't go into configuration). Restarted and still same issue (No sound when selecting first TV channel, but when going back into the guide, and selecting another channel, then sound works fine.)

I just went to test playing a video from MP (and remembered this wasn't working, I've been using plex instead to watch video content), to see if first video opening would replicate the sound issue - however i cant even get a video to play. I click play item and nothing happens. This is odd as i did a fresh W10 instal and a new MP2 install.

I've tried reinstalling MP2 previously to fix this but no dice.

Attached Files:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!