[further infos missing] Unhandled exception (1 Viewer)

TonyR63

Portal Pro
December 1, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2

Description
Cannot start MediaPortal getting report "could not find the MediaPortal common messaging iMessage Broker service"

Running fine for just 2 days and I added xmlTV plugin in and this exception appeared.

I tried running repair which completed successfully but still cannot start the the application.

How to I resolve?

Steps to Reproduce:
Double click the Media Portal 2 application launcher

TonyR63

Portal Pro
December 1, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi

I did provide logs and the MP forum UI showed them 100% uploaded but I don't also see therm now.
Reattaching them now for the record in case there is something in them that can help you.

I completed removed and reinstalled Media Portal 2.2 having renamed the C;\Program Data Media Portal folder.
On first start post install I saw a number of Direct X errors. After a second cold restart MP 2.2 did start and I was back to square one having to reconfigure everything again. The worst part I am sill in the middle of is trying to sync media sources that seems rto take forever and progress tracking is all over the place with % complete running backwards.

I am really wondering if I am flogging a dead horse and not sure the platform is stable enough to use.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-11-20-18.12.54.zip
    1.6 MB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Reattaching them now for the record in case there is something in them that can help you.
    Hi, thanks for the logs. It looks like the previous issue you were having with the client not starting is the same as reported here (@morpheus_xx :whistle:), though it sounds like you resolved that with a reinstall?
    The worst part I am sill in the middle of is trying to sync media sources that seems rto take forever
    It looks like the long import time is being caused by the fact that the importer is having trouble creating thumbnail images for the media in your 'Compiled camcorder clips' share.
    Code:
    [2018-11-20 12:20:39,866] [7230932] [99       ] [WARN ] - OCVVideoThumbnailer: Failed to create thumbnail for resource '\\IMAGER\Compiled Camcorder Clips\Bird Bath Antics.m2ts'
    [2018-11-20 12:21:08,561] [7259627] [123      ] [WARN ] - OCVVideoThumbnailer: Failed to create thumbnail for resource '\\IMAGER\Compiled Camcorder Clips\Birdwood Lunch.m2ts'
    [2018-11-20 12:21:48,141] [7299207] [37       ] [WARN ] - OCVVideoThumbnailer: Failed to create thumbnail for resource '\\IMAGER\Compiled Camcorder Clips\Birdworld.m2ts'
    It's taking about 30 seconds for each item, even when successful, but most ultimately fail. This is an unusually long time and I'm not sure what would cause it. Can you give some more info about the format of those files? The import is a one time thing so the easiest solution would be to bite the bullet and let it get to the end, e.g. overnight.
    progress tracking is all over the place with % complete running backwards.
    The importer works asynchronously so it starts processing files whilst it continues to find new files in the share, this can throw off the progress calculation as the total number of files to process increases. Usually it smooths itself out pretty quickly so I expect it's being exasperated by the slow thumbnail creation.

TonyR63

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello

The camcorder clips are high definition 1080 video files I believe produces by most high definition camcorders. these video files are saved in the high-definition Blu-ray BDAV format; used for saving video data on Blu-ray discs; based on the MPEG-2 transport stream and supports 720p and 1080i formats.

I would be surprised that this format would not be expected by any program crawling through video folders. What's a video and what's a Movie can be hard to exactly separate however stuff produced by camcorders surely are Videos.
    Any Blue Ray player software will play them back like VNC or Nero Home viewer. Even windows media player will play them back so Media Portal should be able to handle them OK. This folder also has standard MP4 video files.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    these video files are saved in the high-definition Blu-ray BDAV format; used for saving video data on Blu-ray discs
    According to the link that you provided, these files wil have the extension m2ts. Could you upload a short video file for us somewhere to take a look?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom