Unicode / Chinese / Korean / Japanese / Thai / Hebrew (1 Viewer)

MeltedButter

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Why didn't I find this thread before

I just spent many, many hours troubleshooting and the such and figured out the hard way about the limits in the release version. Thanks for fixing my issue before I got the chance to type it all up!

:D

mchen2000

Portal Member
November 14, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Just realize this seem to be already in the lastest SVN. So if you install the SVN, no need to replace core.dll any more. I guess this will be the feature forever.

Great!

devilkoala

Portal Member
March 19, 2008
Home Country
Hong Kong Hong Kong
I installed the daily build at 21 March and try to modify the font.xml using mingliu with range from 0 to 40xxx. However, MediaPortal cannot be shown after launched and I find the following message in the log:

2008-03-22 01:50:09.859375 [Info.][MPMain]: Load fonts from C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\BlueTwo wide\fonts.xml
2008-03-22 01:50:09.875000 [Info.][MPMain]: fonts.InitializeDeviceObjects()
2008-03-22 01:50:09.937500 [Info.][MPMain]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.InitializeDeviceObjects()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.InitializeDeviceObjects()
at MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
at MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()

After that there are tons of following messages:
[Info.][MPMain]: GUIWindowManager: Could not find window 0

Is there something I missed or mistaken?

MeltedButter

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I installed the daily build at 21 March and try to modify the font.xml using mingliu with range from 0 to 40xxx. However, MediaPortal cannot be shown after launched and I find the following message in the log:
Is there something I missed or mistaken?

Don't do that in your font.xml. Unless you made your own custom build, there is an internal limit to the number od characters you can have...but if you don't include the characters you need, the new builds will render them for you with directx. So, leave your font.xml the way it came, and run MP. You should see all your characters. If they are burry, check the directx settings for your video card. Ensure that it is set for max quality instead of performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom