Uninstall to reinstall?

Discussion in 'MPTagThat' started by Goodmane1980, December 17, 2012.

1. Goodmane1980

Goodmane1980 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Firstly thanks. I love this program. The combined powers behind Media Portal developers continues to blow me away!

I think I need to completely uninstall MPTagthat so I can reinstall. Basically my dvd rw failed (cos I put a blu ray in it by mistake!) and ever since (although it may not have been the cause, and it has been uninstalled from my system) I can no longer rip with MPTagThat, neither can I see tracks when I select an album folder.

I deleted my logs trying to uninstall. I guess I can create some more tomorrow, but I was just wondering if I could try deleting all config files and user preferences first, becuase when I reinstall it seems to rememebr my settings?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Goodmane1980

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi guys,

basically what I'm asking is how do I completely uninstall?

or, does anyone know how to fix the settings so I can see the tracks again? At the moment I can see only the album folders. I think the rips are working now, but the problem is I can't see the progress because I don't see the panel with the tracks.

Last edited: December 18, 2012
  4. Goodmane1980

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Nevermind! All I had to do was restore the config and log folders from the recycle bin. Together with the reinstall the tracks now show up as expected again. I don't know what went wrong or how it was fixed in detail, but the problem has gone away for me, thanks.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!