1.29.0 Unintended programme scheduling on "Upcoming Episodes" panel (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I reran the test again with MP volume OSD enabled and Widows Volume OSD NOT hidden but still no sign of the behaviour you are seeing. My std. setup has the MP Volume OSD disabled and Windows Volume OSD not hidden and I am using the CEC Remote plugin to control the AVR volume. I know there was some conflict when the MP volume OSD was displayed, don't remember any details, but maybe the use of the CEC Remote is the reason why I don't see the problem. If I get a chance tomorrow I will disable the CEC Remote and try it again and let you know.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With the CEC Remote plugin disabled and both Volume OSD boxes ticked I still do not see the behaviour you describe.
    Not sure if this helps but I did notice that with the focus on one of the programs pressing either the play/pause or the stop button does toggle the recording red dot! both with or without the CEC Remote enabled!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I did notice that with the focus on one of the programs pressing either the play/pause or the stop button does toggle the recording red dot!
    :eek:
    I have just tried that, and on my system the red dot appears for a fraction of a second, and then disappears (I was not sure if that is what you meant :unsure: ). And other buttons do this too -- the numeric digits, fast forward/backward, skip forward/backward. However...

The UP/DOWN buttons do not perform this immediate on/off toggle-- they either turn it on if off, or turn it off if on. :confused:

In my previous post I mentioned that MP 1.18 on 32-bit Windows 7 does not exhibit this problem. I thought that it would be interesting to see what would happen if MP 1.29 was installed over 1.18. So I have just tried that, and without manually changing any settings (MP or Windows), this version does exhibit the problem. :mad:

I think that the evidence is beginning to suggest that a change to MP made somewhere between MP 1.19 and MP 1.24 has introduced this problem. (My tests from yesterday show that the problem exists in MP 1.24.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :eek:
    I have just tried that, and on my system the red dot appears for a fraction of a second, and then disappears (I was not sure if that is what you meant :unsure: ). And other buttons do this too -- the numeric digits, fast forward/backward, skip forward/backward. However...

For me it is not momentary i.e.when I press play/pause or stop the red dot appears and stays there and presumably has scheduled a recording, pressing either button again turns the red dot off and cancels the recording. I did not try with the number buttons, I am running MP 1.29.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom