"Unknown Error" in TVServer after Standby (2 Viewers)

spenca

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi all,

After new installations of Windows and MP to 1.3.0 I have a problem with watching TV after Standby. Only solution is to restart the TVService, or restart the PC.

It would be really great if someone can have a look to my attached logs, thx a lot in advance!!

My client:
- MP 1.3.0
- TV card: Digital Everywhere FireDTV S (Firewire), newest drivers (5.7)
- Windows 7 SP1, all patches
- Motherboard, CPU: Asus P8Z77-M, Intel i5-3570T
- Gefortce 430, Zotac

If any of you need further information, please ask.

Following the logs, errortime was the 22. April, 7:23 AM.

Thanks so much!

Mario

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Mario

The problem starts at about 10pm on the previous evening. System goes into suspend. When woken at almost midnight for EPG grabbing, all tune attempts start to fail. The issue seems to be that powerscheduler is not properly stopping the TV service before suspend.

mm

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello Mario

The problem starts at about 10pm on the previous evening. System goes into suspend. When woken at almost midnight for EPG grabbing, all tune attempts start to fail. The issue seems to be that powerscheduler is not properly stopping the TV service before suspend.

mm

Hi mm,

that's correct. I woke him up for webepg collecting. In that time also DVB-EPG starts to collect but it seems that it didn`t worked. The question is WHY?

Thanks!!

Mario

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The question is WHY?
    And the answer is: probably because you allowed TV Server to try to use the tuner before the driver (or firewire controller driver) was ready. After suspend/resume you must give time for drivers to start, otherwise you will have problems exactly like this.

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The question is WHY?
    And the answer is: probably because you allowed TV Server to try to use the tuner before the driver (or firewire controller driver) was ready. After suspend/resume you must give time for drivers to start, otherwise you will have problems exactly like this.

... you mean it could help if I give a delay in tv card detection after supspend in tvserver-configuration --> general tab?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep, and possibly also if you stop the TV service before suspend and start it again after resume.

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

i've tried to give a delay in tv-server general tab, but no success on this. See logs from 22. April, I've tried at 19:23.

Today I tried old drivers for my fireDTV (ver. 5.4), set a delay of 3 seconds and tried again, no success. See logs from 23. April, 7:25.

Something was changed in TVService 1.3.0, because I had absolutly no problems at all with version 1.2.

Any help appreciated!!!

Thx!!

Mario

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Mario

Your change has no effect because you have not enabled stopping the TV service before standby and restarting afterwards. There is a PS option to do that.

Again, if you don't restart the TV service then no delay is applied. The EPG grabber tries to use the tuner immediately.

mm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom