"Unknown Error" in TVServer after Standby (1 Viewer)

spenca

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello again Mario

Your change has no effect because you have not enabled stopping the TV service before standby and restarting afterwards. There is a PS option to do that.

Again, if you don't restart the TV service then no delay is applied. The EPG grabber tries to use the tuner immediately.

mm
Hi mm,

there's definitly no setting in powerscheduler++ to STOP the service, in my opinion. What exact configuration point do you mean?

Mario

spenca

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
"advanced" tab, "reinitialise TV controller on wakeup"
hi mm,

i've tried already with this settin on or off, no effect at all.

additionally what i know about this setting is, that it only reinitialize the tuner, it does NOT restart the service. all the logs you see above are made with this setting to ON.

thx

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    additionally what i know about this setting is, that it only reinitialize the tuner, it does NOT restart the service.
    Sorry, but I disagree. It can't reinitialise the tuner without restarting the service. Why else is the label "reinitialise TV controller"?

all the logs you see above are made with this setting to ON.
    I've seen cases in your logs where that is clearly not the case. It was not enabled (or not having any effect) in your first logs.

Yes, it is enabled in some of your later logs.

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    additionally what i know about this setting is, that it only reinitialize the tuner, it does NOT restart the service.
    Sorry, but I disagree. It can't reinitialise the tuner without restarting the service. Why else is the label "reinitialise TV controller"?

I've seen cases in your logs where that is clearly not the case. It was not enabled (or not having any effect) in your first logs.

ok, if you mean? but problem exists with or without this setting, only a real service restart helps here. any other suggestions?

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ok, if you mean? but problem exists with or without this setting, only a real service restart helps here. any other suggestions?
    PS++ does not restart the tvservice service but only disables the TVController (i.e the whole software dealing with the tv cards and programs) and restarts it after wakeup. I have the same problem you have here since ever (not only 1.3) with my Digital Everywhere FireDTV C (Firewire) - it does not "survive" sleep mode, only hibernate mode.

Michael

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

PS++ does not restart the tvservice service but only disables the TVController (i.e the whole software dealing with the tv cards and programs) and restarts it after wakeup. I have the same problem you have here since ever (not only 1.3) with my Digital Everywhere FireDTV C (Firewire) - it does not "survive" sleep mode, only hibernate mode.

Michael

Hi Michael,

thx for your answer, I know I heard that already, how TVSErvice handles all this reload after Standby stuff, so I was wondering that it can really reload it.

You said you had this on all versions? I remember now, I switched to Windows 7 and using extended Stand-by function with the release of 1.3. Before I always used XP with simple Hibernate. So your words make sense to me. Nevertheless, I ordered, because of this problem, a Digital Everywhere Bundle CineS2 with CI and new single-cable LNB. Hope it will be gone with that kind of hardware! Do you have any experience with CineS2??

Thx for helping!!

Mario

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom