Unknown error occured on starting live TV (1 Viewer)

CathodeRay

Portal Member
August 2, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
My normally reliable MP1.2 has stopped playing live TV following soon after changing my TV tuner card. XP SP3 with .dotnet up to v4. Sequence of events as follows:

1. Install Nova T 500 TV tuner card and drivers and WinTV 7
2. Remove Pinnacle card and related Pinnacle software
3. All works fine - MP and WinTV (but not at the same time...)
4. Shut down PC, restart later in day
5. WinTV works, MP launches and fails to start live TV with 'Unknown Error Occured'.
6. Same error happens in Manual Control in TV Server Config
7. WinTV still working fine.

I've checked the forums and can see no specific solution that worked. Tuners already set to 'stop' when idle. I've had a look at the logs (attached) and can't make out any relevant entry - but they are even more cryptic than usual to my eyes.

Any clues as to what I need to do to fix this? I'd hate having to give up MP for WinTV!

Thanks

CathodeRay

CathodeRay

Portal Member
August 2, 2012
Home Country
Thanks for the reply.

Hauppage does but I'm not sure what it does (no description for the service in services.msc). I had already put it to manual start in case it was getting in the way, and made sure it was stopped, so I don't think it is the culprit.

Some other things:

1. Tried repairing mptvdb (--auto-repair etc) - no dice.
2. MPs EPG which had been all 'No data available' has started filling up with entries, suggesting something in MP is communicating with the card correctly.
3. The unknown error message comes after trying to turn on live TV and is titled with the channel eg BBC Two so it seems it is trying to connect but can't.
4. Recorded TV etc plays OK: this is a live TV issue.

CathodeRay

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Not my stong side....
    It appears the DB for the TV side is currupt

Anyone else have any comments?

2015-08-07 16:57:19.593750 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:Error: DeveloperErrorUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The columns idProgram, idChannel, startTime, endTime, title, description, genre, state, originalAirDate, seriesNum, episodeNum, episodePart, episodeName, starRating, classification, parentalRating in table Program do not exist.
    at Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Framework.GentleAnalyzer.UpdateObjectMap(ObjectMap map)
    at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.ConstructMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
    at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.GetMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(IGentleProvider provider, StatementType stmtType, Type type, LogicalOperator logicalOperator)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(StatementType stmtType, Type type)
    at TvDatabase.Channel.UpdateNowAndNext()
    at TvDatabase.Channel.get_CurrentProgram()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.UpdateCurrentEpgProperties(Channel ch)
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.UpdateTvProperties()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.UpdateProgressPercentageBar()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.UpdateGUIonPlaybackStateChange()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.OnPageLoad()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

CathodeRay

Portal Member
    August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for your reply.

The logs may be gentle but they are not very human readable, are they!?!

That log was from before I ran the --auto-repair (which did report and fix some errors). However the same (it looks to me) error is happening after the repair:

2015-08-07 19:02:53.562500 [(14)]: Exception :Error: DeveloperErrorUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The columns idProgram, idChannel, startTime, endTime, title, description, genre, state, originalAirDate, seriesNum, episodeNum, episodePart, episodeName, starRating, classification, parentalRating in table Program do not exist.
    at Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Framework.GentleAnalyzer.UpdateObjectMap(ObjectMap map)
    at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.ConstructMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
    at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.GetMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(IGentleProvider provider, StatementType stmtType, Type type, LogicalOperator logicalOperator)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(StatementType stmtType, Type type)
    at TvDatabase.Channel.UpdateNowAndNext()
    at TvDatabase.Channel.get_CurrentProgram()
    at TvService.TvCardContext.OnZap(IUser user)
    at TvService.TimeShifter.Start(IUser& user, String& fileName)

CathodeRay

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012
    Hi
    Looks like the DB is broken

The columns idProgram, idChannel, startTime, endTime, title, description, genre, state, originalAirDate, seriesNum, episodeNum, episodePart, episodeName, starRating, classification, parentalRating in table Program do not exist.

1. Tried repairing mptvdb (--auto-repair etc) - no dice.

Did you follow these instructions?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/TV/Repairing_database_(MySQL)

/mrj

Last edited:

CathodeRay

Portal Member
    August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Errrr... possible basic error on my part...

When I ran the --auto-repair before, I didn't stop the TVService first, so the mptvdb was presumably open/in use.

I have now run the --auto-repair after doing net stop TVService and the --auto-repair reports OK for everything and live TV is now working again.

So this (in case anyone runs into the same problem) seems to be a mptvdb corruption problem, and the fix is --auto-repair. Full instructions on how to do that here:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Troubleshooting/TV/Repairing_database_(MySQL)

Not sure how/why the mptvdb got corrupted - maybe during the retune after putting the new card in?

I see new messages(s) have been posted while I write this but will post this and then read the other messages

CathodeRay[DOUBLEPOST=1438972048][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for the earlier reply, which I have now read, and as you will see from my previous post I had managed to find that page of instructions and done the repair. I feel a bit silly because I'm not a complete MySQL novice (just partly one) and should have realised if the tv server was running then the mptvdb was probably in use...

Very many thanks - hopefully problem fixed now and will stay that way.

CathodeRay

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom