UNOFFICIAL Mediaportal sound HOW-TO 1.0a (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Edterbak - I have a soundcard SPDIF out :|

I will check out KM Player - did you try ffdshow at all? (as audio codec)

yes I did. A lot of trying. But because I have DVI>HDMI converter which caries sound over it, it is extra dificult. I had to adapt the audiostream so that it would fit through the HDMI cable and so that the yamaha understands it. You should not have a lot of problems with your setup. Ofcourse it could be a driver issue. make sure you have the latest of em.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Guys.

I couldn't get latest ffdshow tryout to output 5.1 so I went back to one from December and it works perfectly!!!

(Also did some searching and it seems my sound card (onboard ALC889A) only outputs 5.1 when the application/codec supports it - which seems to be why when I click on surround speakers in sound manager it doesn't work but in ffdshow and MPA using SPIDF it does work)

jonnymaserat

May 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Casema channels with sound

thanks... i wasn't getting any audio on some of the casema digital channels (discovery variants amongst others), but after setting up ffdshow as suggested they're all working fine now.

that's a relief! :D

Dexx

Portal Member
    May 11, 2007
    ffdshow is outputing 5.1 sound for DVDs, but not for AVIs with 5.1 encoded. All sound is correctly coming out of my spdif. Its just that must of it is plain 2 channel. I'm not sure what i'm missing here. Is there a setting within MP which tells it to use 5.1 whenever available?

Dexx

Portal Member
    May 11, 2007
    Finally got 5.1 sound working again. After installing RC2 i:
    set my Realtek audio driver to output via spdif and use 5.1 sound.
    installed the latest ffdshow tryout codec.
    Configured MP to use ffdshow as audio decoder and ticked 'use 5.1 audio playback for WMV files'

This should have been enough, but i was still only getting stereo via spdif. What finally fixed it was a setting in ffdshow audio config: ticking 'AC3 (S/PDIF encode mode)' in 'output' wasnt enough. I also had to tick 'Encode only 5.1ch streams'

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Dexx Usefull.

which audiodriver do you use. Realtek latest HDMI or ATI driver? which driver number?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom