UNOFFICIAL Mediaportal sound HOW-TO 1.0a (1 Viewer)

BjornPadding

Portal Member
January 23, 2007
Catalunya
Yep, thats it. You can do the steps above and instead of select 5.1 output in ffdshow, you select 2.0.
Then everything becomes normal stereo.

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    I use kxDrivers to allow me to selct several output devices from my Audigy card.

I guess that precludes all this???

BjornPadding

Portal Member
    January 23, 2007
    Catalunya
    Appel == fruit && Pear == fruit && Appel != Pear

Although it's a good pointer, it seems kind of off topic for our discussion here as it will not work for soundcards other than E-mu Audio Production Studio (APS) compatible cards and neither solves the wide codec support nor our found problem here with this mp2 stream.

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Sorry I don't understand any of that.

I am a little dense maybe, but all I was asking was that given your suggested setup. would it work with my audigy card and kxDrivers?

I like the idea of constant volume settings, and this might be a way to achieve that. If I can get true 5.1 or 6.1 as well so much the better.

If your thread is talking about something else, sorry for interrupting.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I installed ffdshow, but it doesn't have any audio codecs. Then I saw that you link pointed to something called ffdshow tryouts. What does this has to do with the ffdshow SourceForge project? Is it safe to install?

BjornPadding

Portal Member
    January 23, 2007
    Catalunya
    Thanks Igalan, indeed the link is wrong. This build of ffdshow is not detected by Mediaportal. I changed the link in document to the latest good build I could find out there: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

That's what I am using and is detected fine by mediaportal.

BTW; I will start a thread in bugs on our mp2 audio + timeshifting problem.

Druid9;
    No problem, I misunderstood you as well there, sorry about that.
    About your question. No, basically it should work, however it depends on how you configured your driver as far as I can see from the website of kxDrivers.
    As far as I understand from there you're able to generate "virtual sound cards" for each channel on your physical soundcard. As I do not have this card, nor driver, I couldn't directly tell you how to configure that part to make this configuration work. I would say, have a go at it.

Again, from the website of kxDrivers, it seems that it will automatically put everything right when you feed your soundcard AC3. In FFDshow you can select this output as in the image below. You might want to try that if it doesn't work straightaway.

PS I would advice you to not change the settings in the "output" option while you are using it. This can be kind of buggy. Instead you can change the settings from Start -> Programs -> ffdshow -> Audio Decoder Configuration.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I have installed this ffdshow codec and now it does show up as a valid audio codec for Media Portal. I will test when a show with several audio streams is being broadcasted. However I don't get any audio on 3/24, as with MPA :( . Do you get audio on this channel?

If you open a new thread, please send me a link so I can reply there :) .

BjornPadding

Portal Member
    January 23, 2007
    Catalunya
    Hey Igalan,

My thread on bugs is already in fixed!? I am not sure if I accidentally posted it there or that they moved it there. Anyway, I am going to download the latest SVN and check it out, but tomorrow... I am too nackered rite now.

About ffdshow; Are you running the latest SVN? If not I believe thats your problem. If not, run configuration.exe and set everything to "MPA Decoder Filter". Then Save that and do:

Make a backup of "c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml"

Start -> Run... -> notepad "c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml" <enter>

Then do ctrl+H
    Find what: "MPA Decoder Filter"
    Replace with: "ffdshow Audio Decoder"
    (without the quotes)

Save

That should do it... Start mediaportal (thats the hardway and should actually not be necessary).

Cheers,
    Bjorn

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm running 0.2.2.0 stable, not SVN. So you do get audio on channel 3/24 using the SVN version? Because right now FFDSHOW isn't doing any better than MPA.

BjornPadding

Portal Member
    January 23, 2007
    Catalunya
    I just reinstalled 0.2.2.0 and have ffdshow installed and all is working just fine.
    Do you have start -> programs -> ffdshow on your pc? did it install correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom