[fixed] Unrequested Closed Captioning (1 Viewer)

hey__me

Portal Pro
March 12, 2009
looking for a workaround I don't have either PDVD or the MPC filter available in the tv mpeg2 codecs? anyone point me to a spot to get either one?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just moved to 1.1.0_RC-1 and CC problem is my biggest disappointment. To display North American closed captions I used Core CC Parser in post processing and with the latest SVN it worked for ATSC signal without any problem until I installed 1.1.0_RC-1. With 1.1.0_RC-1 no closed captions at all, and I am pretty sure I have same codecs and same configuration as in the latest SVN which worked fine. Analog closed captions never worked for me, only ATSC closed captions. I dont' quite understand why the status of this bug is set to "fixed", maybe Manfred could give some details, and maybe somebody could help me to bring CC back. My logs are attached.

I would like to ask the developers who mostly live in Europe to respect North American users and do their best to enable North American subtitles (cable and ATSC). I am ready to provide a sample .ts file or DVD image to whoever is programming this part of MediaPortal, just let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom