Unsuported fix(mp1.1) no stop mce services (1 Viewer)

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi,i've builded this version based on today SVN(20331) so i think it should work with the next SVN release.It's not tested because i,m using RC2 without any SVN on this PC but it should work,so if you wanna try it remember to backup your original files first.

Thanks Flavio, it works great.....:D

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i have a question, if i choose the smart zoom with the patched core.dll i still get the pan and scan zoom mode, did i something wrong?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    i have a question, if i choose the smart zoom with the patched core.dll i still get the pan and scan zoom mode, did i something wrong?

hi,i think this is because the name from pan scan to smart it's changed only for the english translation and if you are using german it will still show you pan scan .Just a guess... but when i use italian translation i get pan scan and not smart (but the zoom mode it's still smart).

Edit:please try the attached file for german translation.

Attachments

• strings_de.xml
      30.6 KB

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I really like this kind of non-linear stretching and it is the best way to see 4:3 material on a 16:9 screen. Unfortunately I got the vertical line issue (have a look at the "K" in the attachement) which means there is a kind of overlapping between the different segments of the screen. I assume it is codec related, because I only see the lines when using the PowerDVD 8.0 on MPEG and H.264 streams. Other formats like AVIs supported by ffdshow work fine. I read in the thread that other people have the same problem. Is there any fix known?

hirscho

Attachments

• 08-43-16.jpg
      08-43-16.jpg
      87.5 KB

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hi,i think this is because the name from pan scan to smart it's changed only for the english translation and if you are using german it will still show you pan scan .Just a guess... but when i use italian translation i get pan scan and not smart (but the zoom mode it's still smart).

Edit:please try the attached file for German translation.

I am using the English translation, as i said i can choose smart zoom, but the zoom is still pan and scan.
    My log say i use panscan43 (or something). In my Configuration, where you can select the visible zoom modes, there is still Pan and Scan mode.

I absolutely can't understand that issue, i just replaced the core.dll with the patched core.dll from sonix1977nl and yours (tried both)

Thx for your help

sonix1977nl

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    That is strange indeed. Are you sure you unzipped at the right location and chose to overwrite the files? Did you close MediaPortal before patching?

I have tested and am running my own patch succesfully on my own HTPC for days now.

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    until you change the strings_de.xml file mp will "think" it is pan&scan mode although due to the changed core.dll the mode is actually smart stretching.
    only a screenshot can really prove it is pan&scan or smart...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom