UPC tv guide in WebEPG? (1 Viewer)

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know if it could be in the final release, because for grabbing without any error it relies on the grabbing delay fixes patch which is still being evaluated.

Anyway, I shall try to prepare something soon, as the weather allows it, because it's so hot in here. It's difficult to concentrate.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Benjerry,
    I've lost track a bit of where the upc grabber stands atm. What's the current status?
    If I do a clean install, what do I need to do to use the upc guide without errors?

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Benjerry,
    I've lost track a bit of where the upc grabber stands atm. What's the current status?
    If I do a clean install, what do I need to do to use the upc guide without errors?

The upc grabber worked quite a while...but gave up on me a week ago...no info is being grabbed anymore :(
    Can you or anyone else see what's the problem?

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The upc grabber worked quite a while...but gave up on me a week ago...no info is being grabbed anymore :(
    Can you or anyone else see what's the problem?

Looks like they changed the website.

1) Channel pages seem still accessible, but url have some extra code like:

Code:
    old:
    http://tvgids.upc.nl/TV/Guide/Channel/Nederland+1/Today/
    new:
    http://tvgids.upc.nl/TV/Guide/Channel/Nederland+1/7J/Today/
    Hopefully that the extra code (here "7J") is fixed and not variable. If so, I guess that it could be easily fixed in grabber file (siteId = "Nederland+1/7J").

2) (sub)Links to program page with description are not on channel pages anymore, but only in the grid. So only program title now.

3) Channel pages seem to contain less information than the grid. Too bad that this 3 hour grid can't be grabbed by WebEPG.

4) I didn't notice any problem with fast grabbing pages anymore.

Attachments

• 2-tvgids_upc_nl.xml
      10.9 KB

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hey BenJerry, the new code seems to work, no problem so far here and the EPG keeps getting her updates without any trouble!
    1.) The extra code seems to be fixed because I've been using it for the last 3 weeks.
    2.) That's a pitty, but for me no problem at all
    3.) see 2.)
    4.) that's great, so that problem is also solved!

Some questions:
    - It still seems to be the most complete EPG online for holland, why is it still not installed with the standard MP installation? It's just embarassing (towards new users) to still provide the SBS grabber that has been offline for years! The times we reported it here on the forum are not picked up by the devs :( All your efforts for this great UPC and tvgids grabber should be rewarded and should be implemented in the new MP version, period!
    - What do we need to do to update the outdated WebEPG grabbers for the Netherlands in the coming MP version? Everything (even no grabbers) is better than the current messed up and offline grabbers for the netherlands.

And another thing:
    When you use the update function of MP to update to the latest version, MP deletes this grabber completely! So no update of this folder at all, it completely overwrites this folder and all your own custom grabbers are deleted. :s This should not be the case when updating MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom