Update 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 -> SQLite Out of Memory Exception in Multiseat Mode (1 Viewer)

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2

Description
    After updating my 1.2.2Installation to 1.2.3 I get an Out of Memory Exception from my Multiseat clients. Everything works fine so far on the server but my clients fail to start MePo. Clients will not start at all!

Steps to Reproduce:
    My databases are located on the server. Look at the MP config file of the client.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.xml
      46.2 KB
    • MediaPortalDirs.xml
      2.8 KB

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seams to be a problem with the 1.2.2 databases. If I delete all the old databases and start MePo database files are created newly and MePo starts.
    I tried to copy back the old databases one by one and fanart database got me back to the problem.
    No problem with the other databases (Moving Pictures / TV Series and so on)
    By the way - all extensions are up to date!

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you using the same database for all clients? This is not recommended, although hopefully it will actually be better with the new sqlite.

I would suspect that the database in question is corrupted, and the new version is more sensitive to such issues.

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK - it is not recommended - but what would be the better solution? In a multiseat environment where all clients should share the same datasources it would be best if the data was stores in the MSSQl server that is already available for the TV server. As this would be ab bigger change for all pulgin developers I guess this solution will not happen within the next year or two.
    What would be your advice to share all the plugin data in a multiseat setup?
    4 or 5 years ago I followed a thread that described exactly the setup that I am now running (all databases on a single share on the server)

Thx André

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    OK - it is not recommended - but what would be the better solution? In a multiseat environment where all clients should share the same datasources it would be best if the data was stores in the MSSQl server that is already available for the TV server. As this would be ab bigger change for all pulgin developers I guess this solution will not happen within the next year or two.
    What would be your advice to share all the plugin data in a multiseat setup?
    4 or 5 years ago I followed a thread that described exactly the setup that I am now running (all databases on a single share on the server)

Thx André

The best situation is to have databases on each computer, even if they access the same media files.

If two clients are trying to access the database at the same time, some corruption is almost inevitable.

We know that this is not a perfect situation. That is one of the reasons for the development of MediaPortal 2. I don't think this will be 'fixed' for MediaPortal 1, since it is the way it was designed to work and is therefore not considered a bug.

Some people do share the databases and find that things work okay. They are the lucky ones!

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your help. I am running this setup for about 4 years without bigger issues in the past. So I guess it really is a problem with the new SQLite version.
    After resetting the Fanart database everything looks fine again. I just hope it will stay this way :)
    André

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help. I am running this setup for about 4 years without bigger issues in the past. So I guess it really is a problem with the new SQLite version.
    After resetting the Fanart database everything looks fine again. I just hope it will stay this way :)
    André

The fanart database is a 3rd party plugin, so maybe it has issues with the new sqlite. I fully understand that you have been using a shared database setup for a long time. Perhaps now that you have reset the database, it will all be okay again. However, with the number of known issues that the team have to fix, making changes to help with shared databases is not going to be high on the list of priorities.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have an identical problem after an update of tv series and latest media handler plug in in my single seat environment. after update mp does not start anymore, c++ runtime error and there are milions of entries in the log with sql lite out of memory messages

don't know what to do ...

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Ive got today the same problem here in SingleSeat Mode. I've deinstalled the InfoServices Plugin, After a reboot I can't start MePo anymore and get an Out of Memory Exception from SQLite. I will attach my Logs later.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    In general, first try deleting the various media databases is

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database

and then reconfigure the databases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom