Update 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 -> SQLite Out of Memory Exception in Multiseat Mode (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    elliottmc: What does this mean? Do we have to delete all databases of third party plugins in the reconfigure all databases? Is there no migration path?

Yes there is a migration path. For most people (me included) everything works fine.

Chances are, one of your databases is corrupt, and the new sqlite is less tolerant than the old one.

If this is a widespread problem, obviously we will consider rolling back sqlite to an earlier version. So far, many users have upgraded without a problem, and a very small number have issues.

If you were to move your databases out of the above folder one at a time, and see which one causes the problem, you might then post the database file here for us to have a look at. Maybe we can find out what is wrong.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

You have only posted the error.log. We need all logs. Reason - error.log only logs errors. It would be good to find out what MP did successfully before the first error.

However, your logs start with

Code:
    2012-04-15 21:13:34.010800 [ERROR][(8)]: FRITZ!Box Manager: FritzBox: Connecting failed: Socket Exception
    2012-04-15 21:13:35.283800 [ERROR][(11)]: IMAPMail:Processor: Error Getting Email Status: Fehler in der Anwendung.
    2012-04-15 21:13:46.607800 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: SKIN: Missing C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Black Glass Nova for Mediaportal 1.2.0\common.time.xml
    2012-04-15 21:13:56.298800 [ERROR][(19)]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:bind or column index out of range query:select movie_info_id from filters__movie_info__black_list where filters_id=589
    2012-04-15 21:13:57.073800 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: SKIN: Missing C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Black Glass Nova for Mediaportal 1.2.0\common.osd.buttons.xml
    2012-04-15 21:14:04.021800 [ERROR][(9)]: FRITZ!Box Manager: FritzBox: Connecting failed: Socket Exception
    2012-04-15 21:14:27.653800 [ERROR][(19)]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_step err:BUSY detailed:database is locked query:delete from filters__movie_info__black_list where filters_id=565
    2012-04-15 21:14:34.030800 [ERROR][(9)]: FRITZ!Box Manager: FritzBox: Connecting failed: Socket Exception
    2012-04-15 21:14:42.987800 [ERROR][(19)]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_step err:BUSY detailed:database is locked query:delete from criteria where ID = 16806
    2012-04-15 21:14:58.048800 [ERROR][(19)]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:SQL logic error or missing database query:COMMIT
    2012-04-15 21:15:03.555800 [ERROR][Library Sync(21)]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOMEM detailed:out of memory query:insert into filters (name, criteriagrouping, generic_type) values (' ', 'ALL', 'MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Database.DBMovieInfo, MovingPictures, Version=1.3.1.1350, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null')
    2012-04-15 21:15:03.556800 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: FanartHandler.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOMEM detailed:out of memory query:SELECT Id, Artist, Disk_Image, Source_Image, Type, Source FROM Music_Fanart WHERE Artist IN ('popa chubby','popa chubby') AND Enabled = 'True' AND (Type = 'MusicFanart Scraper' OR Type = 'MusicFanart User') AND restricted = 0;
    2012-04-15 21:15:03.573800 [ERROR][(19)]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOMEM detailed:out of memory query:delete from node__node where node1_id=569
    2012-04-15 21:15:03.575800 [ERROR][Library Sync(21)]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:near "=": syntax error query:delete from filters__movie_info__black_list where filters_id=

The first few errors seem to be related to plugins that are not part of the standard MP install.

First of all, it seems that a database is locked. I don't know if this should cause a problem, but it would help to work out which database is causing the problem.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    elliottmc: What does this mean? Do we have to delete all databases of third party plugins in the reconfigure all databases? Is there no migration path?

Yes there is a migration path. For most people (me included) everything works fine.

Chances are, one of your databases is corrupt, and the new sqlite is less tolerant than the old one.

If this is a widespread problem, obviously we will consider rolling back sqlite to an earlier version. So far, many users have upgraded without a problem, and a very small number have issues.

If you were to move your databases out of the above folder one at a time, and see which one causes the problem, you might then post the database file here for us to have a look at. Maybe we can find out what is wrong.

So far I always updated my databases within installation a new MP version

Again does this mean all databases or only the third party plug in databases?

Never the less, this causes a lot of work and testing.:(

Is there no other way to identify the coruppt database?

Is there a kind of repair script or option for alll databases?

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    thank you for the quick answer!
    I'm sorry but their was other major problems on my htpc with nvidia graphic too. so I recovered a backup. before I maked 2 sessions of test.
    1. after the crash, was poped up 2 messages: directX fault. following with: mepo can not longer render the window. the system was totally freezy and it has needed a lot of cpu ressources.
    2. I've done the MePo logs creator to bring you the logs AND MePo was stardet fine without 3rth plugins.
    maybe this is interessting for you.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

So far I always updated my databases within installation a new MP version

Again does this mean all databases or only the third party plug in databases?

Never the less, this causes a lot of work and testing.:(

Taking quite a bit of my time trying to help you as well.

Is there no other way to identify the coruppt database?

Not that I can think of.

Is there a kind of repair script or option for alll databases?

Not that I am aware of.

You probably have about 7 .db3 files in the location I specified. In the time taken to post, you could have taken 3 of them out and started MediaPortal. If it started fine, you would know it was one of the three. etc.

It won't take long to troubleshoot, but the simple fact is that computers crash, databases can become corrupted and we cannot plan for everything, particularly in 3rd party plugins (which may or may not be to blame).

Ideally you will be able to provide us with the problem database file, so that we can work out why it is causing a problem. That way, this won't happen in future.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey elliotmc, stay cool

what I don't understand is the fact that I did this update scenario over years and in this case I never had problems.

What I don't understand: I updated Win with current Hot Fixex , I updated MP to 1.2.3, had it up and running, that I updated TV series and music handler plug in, and than I had the problems, I can reproduce this steps, So I would assume that TV series DB or Music Handler Db accure the problems, I removed the databases for this two plug ins, but MP didn't start at all?! Than I had to stopp my tests because my wife wanted to watch TV and I had to recover an image ....

Anyway, maybe this it a good time for doing a clean MP installation removing all the old stuff ...

ps I found up to 14 DBs on the data base foder ...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    ps I found up to 14 DBs on the data base foder ...

Well, better to find the one faulty one than to do a full reinstall.

I don't doubt that there is a tolerance problem with the new sqlite.dll. If we have a database that it doesn't like, maybe we can fix the problem without reverting to the older version.

We really would appreciate your help.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will check this soon and will help the MP team!

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi elliotmc,

I found the corrupt db with your method. Unfortunately one of my most important dbs (moving pictures db). I recovered an db image from Jannury an so I only have to rescan the change up to now. Should I upload the DB for your analysis?

I will do some additional tests ....

Thanks so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom