Update allmusic.com scraper (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i'd say, we put it into 1.6 and then let's see, if we can make it more modular, so that not every change on a site would need code changes.

Maybe we can share work with the changes done to My Video?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Well, if it works, let it go to 1.6, then I can easily see scraper and give you a template (single scraper, or user choice from more sources like it is for movies). For now, MyVids scrapers leaves minimal trash in temp directory but I need to see what can be done with new csscript library for net4.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @jameson_uk: Sorry, I'm a bit confused here.
    1. Here, in this thread, I get the impression that the MusicInfoHandler plugin is being replaced by built-in MP functionality offered by the files in the first post. However, in this other thread, you offer an updated version of the MusicInfoHandler plugin said to be compatible with the files in the first post here.
    Does the (updated) MusicInfoHandler plugin offer some additional functionality beyond the files in the first post?
    2. The first post says to install the provided HtmlAgilityPack.dll (v1.4.6) into <ProgramFiles>\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.
    However, my (v1.5.0) MP installation (successively upgraded from at least 1.3.0) already includes HtmlAgilityPack.dll (v1.4.0) in <ProgramFiles>\Team MedaiPortal \MediaPortal\plugins\Windows. Is the duplication intentional? Could there be conflicts between the 2 different versions?

P.S. Maybe not a conflict, but I have observed a side effect of the installation as described in post #1, which I suspect is related to point 2 above.
    Several entries in the MP menu are duplicated (see attached). If I delete or rename the new files and restore the old ones, the problem goes away. However, to eliminate the duplicate entries, I had to run MediaPortal Configuration and exit with OK after restoring the original files.

P.P.S. Side effect described above was due to renaming WindowPlugins.dll to a filename with the dll extension. It is essential to either *change the extension*, or move the file elsewhere for backup purposes!

Attachments

• DuplicateMenuEntries.png
      DuplicateMenuEntries.png
      666.7 KB
    Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Has this been introduced into the latest 1.6 release?

Thx, HTPC_Sourcer

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    elliottmc,

As tony3ridge is pointing out, the artist information is not updating on his PC, neither does it on mine.

I tried to use the files ion the V3 zip, however, MP doesn't work anymore with these. Interestingly only one of the pdb files in the zip is distributed with the 1.6 release.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    elliottmc,

As tony3ridge is pointing out, the artist information is not updating on his PC, neither does it on mine.

I tried to use the files ion the V3 zip, however, MP doesn't work anymore with these. Interestingly only one of the pdb files in the zip is distributed with the 1.6 release.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Well, you don't need any of the files in this thread in order to use AMG scraper with 1.6.0. Everything is included. The pdb files are for debugging (if I understand correctly) and are not needed, so don't worry about those.

If you have copied these files into your 1.6.0 install, try reinstalling (over the top of your existing installation should be fine) to replace the files.

If it doesn't work then, please post logs so we have a chance to work out why.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If it doesn't work then, please post logs so we have a chance to work out why.
    I restored the original 1.6 file Versions and created a new thread with full logs in the bug section of 1.6: click

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom