Update MySQL 5.1 to latest 5.6 version (2 Viewers)

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a connection problem after doing this steps:

1. Upgrade to MP 1.6 PR.
    2. Use the import/export section of TV Server configuration to export all your channels etc.
    3. Stop the TV service and ensure TV Server configuration is closed.
    4. Uninstall MySQL.
    5. Install MySQL 5.6. Make sure to remember the root username and password that you use for step 9.
    6. Right click the TV Server configuration shortcut on your desktop and select "properties".
    7. Change the "target" from ...\SetupTv.exe" to ...SetupTv.exe" /configure-db ... (note that the quotation marks are important).
    8. Double click on the shortcut. You should now see the database connection popup that you would have seen when you first installed. All the fields should be set with your current database connection parameters.
    9. Configure username and password for the new MySQL 5.6 database. Using the root user is easiest. You can use a different user account if you want, but that requires extra configuration in MySQL which is beyond the scope of this post.
    10. Click "test" and then "save".
    11. Right click the TV Server configuration shortcut on your desktop and select "properties".
    12. Remove the configure-db section that you added.
    13. Open TV Server configuration.
    14. Go to the import/export section.
    15. Import the file exported in step 2.
    This process should give the best possible outcomes in terms of the database.

When i do step 10 i got an connection Error:
    Bild1.png

Bild2.png

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    next Error... :)

Bild3.png

(Pass is MediaPortal)

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After updating the mysql workbench i could add the user, but i got the same error...

Bild4.png

(I also did a restart of my pc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom