Update satellite list command not working (1 Viewer)

C.44

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 FINAL
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
CPU Type: Amd Athlon 3500+
HDD: 160GB
Memory: 1GB DDR2
Motherboard:
Video Card: 7600GT
Video Card Driver: 266.58
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.5
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: CanalDigitaal 19.2E & 23.5E
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Windows MCE remote
TV: brick and mortar.
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Small problem, while trying to "Update the Satellite List" i noticed all files seemed to download a lot faster than they did in 1.1.3. However, when doing a scan it promptly told me "Transponder list could not be loaded. check error.log for details". So i did.

Code:
2011-09-19 11:29:41.687500 [DVB-S scan thread(12)]: Error loading tuningdetails: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbs\19.2°E Astra 1H,1KR,1L,1M.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbs\19.2°E Astra 1H,1KR,1L,1M.xml'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings, XmlParserContext inputContext)
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri)
   at SetupTv.Sections.CardDvbS.LoadTransponders(SatelliteContext context)
2011-09-19 11:29:43.312500 [DVB-S scan thread(12)]: Error loading tuningdetails: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbs\23.5°E Astra 1E,1G,3A.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbs\23.5°E Astra 1E,1G,3A.xml'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings, XmlParserContext inputContext)
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri)
   at SetupTv.Sections.CardDvbS.LoadTransponders(SatelliteContext context)

Which led me to the folder that should've contained all the xml's for each satellite. The only file i found however was satellites.xml, which had a bunch of URI's which i tried in Chrome but got a 404 on.

Either this is a typo in the URI's in the satellites.xml file or fastsatfinder.com is down somehow (the rest of their page works just fine).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again C.44

This was reported during the day my time. I got the 404 at work and was just about to start testing whether it worked here for me. It seems to be a problem on the FSF side.

mm

C.44

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Think i've already fixed it. I saw that Fastsatfinder.com mentioned Mediaportal as an app that they maintained transponder lists for but somehow i couldn't get access to their /bin/mp directory. They did however have a general list of INI's for each continent that have the similar URI's

In satellites.xml it says
    Code:
    http://fastsatfinder.com/bin/mp/0020.ini

which i've altered to
    Code:
    http://fastsatfinder.com/bin/T/0020.ini

After that i tried to Update the Transponder list again and this time it worked (although it seemed a little slower than in 1.1.3 but that could be just my slow internet connection at home).

I've attached the satellites.xml file for anyone that might need it.

Attachments

• satellites.xml
      13.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks C.44 :D

The thread where this was first reported is -->here<--. I've emailed fastsatfinder so lets hope they fix the service from their side. Otherwise we will just roll-out your updated satellites.xml file in a follow-up release in the next couple of weeks.

mm

C.44

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No problem, i wasn't about to let anything get in my way lol. That's why i started digging in the first place. I'll pop the xml into the other thread too. I'm not sure as to why i didn't find the thread when i searched for the problem though.

Edit: apparently i'm unable to post in that thread. I'll leave that up to you then MM ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not able to post there either. It looks like the forum section has been closed, so I can't temporarily reopen the thread either. I've PM'd the two users who commented there and given them the link to this thread...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As of now the problem has been fixed from fastsatfinder's end. :)
    Setting this thread to "no bug"...

C.44

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did try with the transponderlists that were "shipped" with 1.2.0 and they were a lot more useful than the once i managed to get parsed using the satellites.xml i uploaded this morning. Thanks for the quick replies =)

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thanks a lot for your fix!
    I was also looking in the same direction but ended with your helpfull solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom