Update Subtitle MPC-HC Engine (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

This is the last updated DLL based on lastest MPC-HC Team source :
    • It support handle correctly ANSI vs UTF8 subtitle (without BOM)
    • Fix somes PGS issues.
    • Auto Loading of '.sub' files inside .rar cabinet (if supplied with an .idx file). (You can test it with sample zip)
    A new branch was created for it :
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP-MPC-HC_SUBS_Update_Master

And you can find attached dll for testing :p

How to test ?

• Unzip and copy/replace "mpcSubs.dll" from EXP-MPC-HC_SUBS_Update.zip files into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" or "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal"
    • This version should works for 1.2.3 and 1.3.0Alpha
    2012.12.23 :
    2013.02.07 :
    • Update to v3 (Another update from MPC-HC Team related to this issue.)
    2013.02.09 :
    • Update to v4 (Fix Position relative to video frame size issue.)
    Good testing :)

Attachments

• sample_idx_rar_subtitle.zip
      10.8 MB
    • EXP-MPC-HC_SUBS_Update_v4.zip
      252.3 KB
    Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tested on 1.3Alpha / 1.3Beta and works like a charm :)

The only issue is that the MediaInfo lookup doesn't recognize these subs, so we'll have to figure out a way to let MP know that subs are available and what language they are...

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for updating the MPC-HC engine. Will you also have a look at the TextPassthrough code enabling DXVA capability? I'm asking because I'm experiencing frame drops every few minutes with 720p/1080p mkvs on Win7 EVR with LAV DXVA2 native on older Hardware (nVidia 9400GT) unless I'm choosing low resolution in MPC-HC engine Advanced settings from MP Configuration.

Increasing subpicture buffer also works somewhat but only delays the inevitable frame drop here and there. Choosing another engine or setting resolution to low gets rid of the frame drops and bigger render time spikes.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I didn't touch the code only update to the last one from MPC-HC has.
    Can you try with MPC -HC player ?
    For information, like MP (with OSD) take more GPU ram than MPC-HC that mean under MPC-HC it can work.

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    About Mediainfo: Newer version seems to have trouble with detecting the correct frame rate on MKV videos. I have a huge collection of Anime in MKV and without the correct frame rate info the refresh rate don't change also. With the version 0.7.57 everything works fine.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    About Mediainfo: Newer version seems to have trouble with detecting the correct frame rate on MKV videos. I have a huge collection of Anime in MKV and without the correct frame rate info the refresh rate don't change also. With the version 0.7.57 everything works fine.

We have updated our MediaInfo.dll to v0.7.61
    Changelog: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/Log
    Download: http://mediaarea.net/download/binar...o_DLL_0.7.61_Windows_i386_WithoutInstaller.7z

So if you wanna test this one feel free. :)

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    Cool! This version works for me now! Framerates are detected properly and the refresh rate changes according to the MKV-file. Thank you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom