Update Subtitle MPC-HC Engine (1 Viewer)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    As reported in Mantis, tested & found no issues/errors on my setup with a lots of different files with subs, so works good for me(I'll leave it on HTPC & see if something else shows up, when viewing series etc during normal use(longtime test)) :)

Regards
    Roy

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    Hi! I am compiling the 1.3.0Alpha_SEB_ADDONV2_HomeY version and in this built the subtitles are always displayed with a little delay (about 100 ms). I have some Anime MKV and I can see that in those moments where a title screen is displayed the subtitles remain for a short amount of time on the next screen where they should not be any more.

The normal Mediaportal 1.30 Beta version works fine though.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi! I am compiling the 1.3.0Alpha_SEB_ADDONV2_HomeY version and in this built the subtitles are always displayed with a little delay (about 100 ms). I have some Anime MKV and I can see that in those moments where a title screen is displayed the subtitles remain for a short amount of time on the next screen where they should not be any more.

Are you sure it's not a sync issue with the subs? i've been running this branch for months now and never had sync issues with subs. Do you use the MPC-HC as subtitle engine?

My settings:
    Subtitles.PNG Advanced.PNG

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Effectively in this branch, it's the latest code from MPC-HC Team :)
    Can you supply a sample with time where sub are not correct ?
    Also is it possible that you can test on MPC-HC player too (to see if it does the same) ?
    Thanks.

Last question does it happen with latest fix for SRT or was already there ?

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    I tried the latest built from 6 hours ago (I have a Virtual Machine with Windows 7, Visual Studio 2012 and always try out the latest branches) .

http://www.animedigital.de/Sample/Sample.mkv

At 2:34 on the title screen there is the subtitle "There is no God in a Digital World". This subtitle is still displayed on the next scene for 1-2 frames if I use the HomeY branch. I tested this on 2 different clients. With the latest MPC-HC release the timing is correct and also the 1.30 Beta is working fine.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TNX for the sample mironicus! That helped a lot. I just installed the branch on my Test system and tried to reproduce your issue, which i can! It's related to the dshowhelper.dll file. When i replace the file in the HomeY branch with the 1 from the 1.3Beta release, the issue is gone, so it's not related to the Subtitle code ;)

If you use the attached (1.3Beta) dshowhelper, your problem should be fixed.

@Owlsroost might need to look into this.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Seb, I tested your v2 on .mkv files with .srt and .ass subs and it works fine.

However I have an issue with squeezed subtitles when using the setting Position relative to video frame. I think we discussed this issue a long time ago so it's not a problem of this patch.

Let's see some screenshots to show you what I mean. I compared the setting in MediaPortal and MPC-HC application:
    1. MediaPortal - Position relative to video frame turned off - Normal:
      MediaPortal - position unchecked.jpg
    2. MediaPortal - Position relative to video frame turned on - Squished:
      MediaPortal - Position relative to frame.jpg
    3. MPC-HC - Position relative to video frame turned off - Normal:
      MPC-HC - position unchecked.jpg
    4. MPC-HC - Position relative to video frame turned on - Normal:
      MPC-HC - Position relative to frame.jpg
    As you can see, MPC-HC moves and shrinks the subtitle (i guess it is compressed both vertically and horizontally) but MediaPortal just compress it vertically.
    Do you think it's possible to get MediaPortal to behave like MPC-HC? :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Vuego,

I don't know, i didn't touch the code, i only back port the one from MPC-HC, so i will try to look if it's on MP C# or in C++ part of MPC-HC Engine.
    For sure, the MPC-HC code is 1:1 so it's on MP side now C# or C++ lol

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks Seb, I tested your v2 on .mkv files with .srt and .ass subs and it works fine.

However I have an issue with squeezed subtitles when using the setting Position relative to video frame. I think we discussed this issue a long time ago so it's not a problem of this patch.

Let's see some screenshots to show you what I mean. I compared the setting in MediaPortal and MPC-HC application:
    1. MediaPortal - Position relative to video frame turned off - Normal:
      View attachment 118672
    2. MediaPortal - Position relative to video frame turned on - Squished:
      View attachment 118671
    3. MPC-HC - Position relative to video frame turned off - Normal:
      View attachment 118674
    4. MPC-HC - Position relative to video frame turned on - Normal:
      View attachment 118673
    As you can see, MPC-HC moves and shrinks the subtitle (i guess it is compressed both vertically and horizontally) but MediaPortal just compress it vertically.

Do you think it's possible to get MediaPortal to behave like MPC-HC? :)

I have try to look but seems to need adaption on C++ side of MPC-HC Subs Engine @cpp2005 , hope you can see why it failed :)

In C# code :
    Code:
          Rectangle r = posRelativeToFrame ? frameRect : subsRect;
          int posY = adjustPosY * r.Height / GUIGraphicsContext.Height;
          MpcSubtitles.Render(r.X, r.Y + posY, r.Width, r.Height);

But here i really can't help :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom