UPDATED, 03-02-2012: MOD by powermarcel10: Cover templates and more.. (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello everyone,

with the great help of the community and with a special thanks to m3rcury, I can intoduce this MOD;

See the images bellow for the results..

-Extract the zip file to your desktop
    -Copy all .xml files to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP
    -Copy all image files to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media
    -Copy the "Graphical" folder to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\MediaInfo
    -Cetrification icons go into C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\Certification

Notes:

-Remember to make a backup of your existing files.
    -After installing the mod clear the skin cache in SMP editor.
    -As you can see this mod also provides some other things like Time, Date, Pause image and some other default mods from m3rcury.
    -I don't know if all files of the mod are compatible with a higher resolution.. I have made some mod files on my tv that has a resolution of 1280X768 and I didn't check all files on my Full HD monitor.. If you have problems with it, let me know! I will fix it..

If you have questions or nice improvement suggestions, report them!!

Latest version: 03-02-2012

-Added templates to listview in Movingpictures
    -Added animation effect to time
    -Changed lay-out of context menu in coverflow for movingpictures (F3)
    -Added skinfile for volumecontrol
    -Added Modded Rockstar skinfile
    -Added Scrollbar for movingpictures.. (modded file to come)
    -Changed to default certification banners
    -Some bugfixes

(18-01-2012) Change log:

-Pause osd is now only vissible when paused (and not when rewind or fast forward anymore)
    -The mod fits better on full HD screens now
    -Rounded edges when press F3 in moviedetails
    -Default certification logo's

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      346.4 KB
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      329.8 KB
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      352.4 KB
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      362.3 KB
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      191.8 KB
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      178.7 KB
    • rockstar.jpg
      rockstar.jpg
      229.7 KB
    • List.jpg
      List.jpg
      720.8 KB
    • Volumecontrol.jpg
      Volumecontrol.jpg
      375.4 KB
    • Scrollbar.jpg
      Scrollbar.jpg
      490.9 KB
    • F3.jpg
      F3.jpg
      994 KB
    • StreamedMP MOD by powermarcel10 03-02-2011.zip
      1 MB

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: Feature request: Add DVD/Bluray boxes around fanart

Seen a few skins use those type of clear covers, not a fan of that myself but maybe something like this would look better

8c5cc0e51aeb3acd64824ad05c3b4741.157x220.png
    1466e0ba44e615a9cbf24dc26676fb61.157x220.png

Problem is that blue ray covers are a different size to dvd covers. Could use all dvd covers though but just use the blue ray overlay on the HD resolution files and the dvd overlay for SD res.

Would like something like this myself, I'd give it a go but I have no skinning knowledge, currently trying to get all my covers rounded in StreamedMP but I think Im breaking more than I'm getting right. Something to do in the cold nights though.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi Shangostar,

those covers are nice.. It's no problem that DVD covers are bigger than bluray's.. I cam make the bluray cover a bit bigger like in the images you attached.. Rounded covers are also nicer indeed..

Hope that someone can help is with this!

Here is another example (xbmc) This is only filmstrip view and not coverflow.. I think it's looking very nice!!!:eek:

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country

There is an option in streamedmp to show rounded covers but im not actually sure what its for, i've tried with it on and off but never had rounded covers other thsn in cover flow view so it may just apply it in that view only, not sure.

I've managed to get rounded covers in filmstrip view of moving pictures but its taking ages as I don't know what im doing i have to make a change then go clear the skin cache and reload MP to see what effect its had, usually bad so have to change it back lol.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Maybe you can take a look into the blackglass skinfiles.. That skin has rounded covers, so maybe you can find how it's inplentated..

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Feature request: Add DVD/Bluray boxes around fanart

I think you can not differ between DVD and Bluray Covers in Filmstrip. It is a limit by the skin engine I guess.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country

Maybe you can take a look into the blackglass skinfiles.. That skin has rounded covers, so maybe you can find how it's inplentated..

Thats what I've been doing but not sure what I'm looking for really, even though the views are the same the skin files are very different (to me anyway)

So far I've managed to use a mask to get rounded covers at the bottom but couldnt figure it out for the large cover at the top so ive just used the overlay like in other views, A mask would be better as you wont have the black border around the image then. I also can't yet figure out how to get a glassy overlay on the rounded covers at the bottom.

Because I don't have a clue what I'm doing it's taken me about 4 hours just to get that far :(

Despite the above being one view it seems to be consisted of more than 1 xml file so i'ts hard figuring out what files I should even be editing.

On that basis i'm not sure I will continue as it's out of my knowledge level I think.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Feature request: Add DVD/Bluray boxes around fanart

Deleted

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country

Definately giving up now on the rounded covers, cant figure it out, think I got the filmstrip view done by luck.

The image masks seem to be relatively new to the skinning engine from what I've read so I guess StreamedMP just wasn't written for it, The new skins that use it mostly seem to use <texturemask> but cant seem to get it to work in StreamedMP, just seems to mask all the thumbs or an entire section completly. most likely I'm putting it in the wrong place or the wrong file altogether :D

I did manage to get the posters at the bottom shiny though in the end :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom