[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
After installing MPExtended Services .6, and reinstalling WebMediaPortal .5.4, i still get these messages when browsing my tv shows:

"The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state."
or
"Failed to load data from source, please see the log file for more details."

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Look here: [Info] - WebMP 0.6 Beta Release

Development stopped suddenly some years ago when Oxan stopped visiting the forums, unfortunately. WebMP and MPExtended are core functionalities for me...

Installation and running it on server 2016 is simple, some steps are not necessary anymore (e.g. registering Asp.net, just install the appropriate roles/features from the server management and you're fine.
    You need to set up a separate apllication pool and enable 32 bit applications, else it won't run. (Don't install to existing main site if you have Server Essentials role installed, enabling 32 bit applications there will break some functionality. Just create a new site in IIS)

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    Ok, i upgraded WebMP to .6, but i'm getting the same errors.the web page comes up fine, but returns errors when trying to view my TvSeries db.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom