*UPDATED 18-9-2011* Yet another new version :-) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyboyni

Portal Member
August 21, 2011
Could someone please help me get good merge support working for SNES and N64. Do I have to install ungoodmerge? Are there any extra arguments I must put in for SNES and N64 emulators for good merge rom sets?

UPDATE. Ok I got SNES working by uninstall 7zip 64bit, and installing the x86 version of 7zip. However Project 64 still fails to load roms.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    is there any way to set the ratio of the coverart

You can modify the aspect ratios by editing "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\myEmulatorsAspectRatios.xml" - the entry name should be exactly the same as the emulator name.

However
    resizing of the art will only work if the skin uses "<keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>" in it's image/facade controls which I suspect is the problem in your case.

Could someone please help me get good merge support working

Can you post some logs please. Also try manually extracting a game and attempt to launch it to verify the extracted games are actually playable.

:D

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: (Supported Release) *UPDATED 18-9-2011* Yet another new version :)

Dear Brownard,
    I've now tried a number of hours to create a skin file for the new Avalon Skin. It is absolutely difficult for me so I have to give up. can you make one?

additional:
    on the first page of the plugin you can choose between pc games and emulators. It would be great if there is a link at the top to the Favorites-Games (as MovingPictures -> New Movies; watched;...).

greets
    bribbon

simpman

Portal Member
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    For me, when trying to get the data from online manually (Using the L button) the scraper fails to grab the year or the grade on any manual selected game. Please fix as I'm having to enter the date and grade manually at this time.

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    I just discovered this plugin recently. Love the idea of it. I happen to have a N64 usb adaptor on the way at the moment so am going to start trying it out in the meantime.
    Is it worth going straight for the alpha version of ME2? Or is it too early? Happy to be a guinea pig given that i don't have a lot to mess up at the moment.
    Ben

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I've been working hard on this guys - still a couple more things to do before a release though. Hang in there :)

guardianbs

Portal Member
    October 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Brownard

I've been using MyEmulators for a long time on an old version of MP (1.0.0.0) without any problems, so I thought I'd try version myEmulatorsX_4.0.1.15_1.2RC.mpe1 on MP version 1.2.1.0. It was a clean install so everything went ok.

I copied the file structure for MyEmulators across from the the old version, set up the database in Configuration and all seemed ok, except no icons for Emulators / Games.

I checked the documentation in the plugin configuration and in FAQ it says the Emulator image should be set up as C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\emulators\EMULATOR.jpg for Win XP and the Game image should be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\games\EMULATOR\GAME ID.jpg. This is how it is set up on the old MyEmulators - this does not work.

After checking back through this forum entry I realized that the artwork associated with a Emulator / Game had been expanded and therefore the structure / locations had changed to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\emulators\EMULATOR NAME\logo.jpg etc for the Emulators and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\games\EMULATOR NAME\GAME ID\BoxFront.jpg etc for Games.

I restructured the Emulator / Games filestructure to match this and sure enough the Emulator artwork now displayed - but not the Games. A bit more searching and I found that you could 'drop' the artwork into the Configuration program and it would save it for you. So I did this to find out where the files were being saved and it would appear they are being saved in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\games\EMULATOR NAME\<number>\BoxFront.jpg. The<number> directory would appear to be the database RECORD NUMBER for the Game entry. I restructured the Games filestructure to match the database RECORD NUMBER for each Game and sure enough MyEmulators displayed the Game artwork.

Firstly, this is presumably not by design, or am I missing a step in the configuration ?

Secondly, although not ideal I can live with this problem, but as the database RECORD NUMBER for a Game is not sequential and can change if a game is deleted and re-inserted, it is a bit of a pain.

Lastly, I see there is a pre-alpha version of MyEmulators2. Has this version changed massively or is the same problem with the directory structure in that version too.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    That is by design - the Id's will always remain constant whereas Game and Emu names could change, I did consider basing the folder structure on file names but went with ids as the simpler option.

The next version has a similar structure except that the Emulator name folder has been removed from the game folder heirachy.

Unfortunately there is currently no easy way to backup/restore the thumbs - but the next version has a moving pics style importer so re-retrieving info is very easy :)

The pre-alpha version you talk about is quite old now and prob won't work properly, I'm putting the final touches to the alpha at the moment...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom