*UPDATED 18-9-2011* Yet another new version :-) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yeah they are exactly the same version. Not sure how your DB got corrupted though - hopefully a 1 off - if it happens again let me know.

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: (Supported Release) *UPDATED 30-6-2011* Yet another new version :)

There is currently no way to group them - although logical groups is a feature we may add in the future.

You need a dedicated plugin to do what you want really - may be worth asking if anyone's willing to develop one

Too bad, thanks for the answer. A comics plugin would be nice indeed :D

catcher39

Portal Member
    August 8, 2011
    Home Country

Ok will do but so far its now working fine, no corruptions or anything. I have found an interesting comand line prog that helps out with all those emulators/games that only work on your main display. 12noon :: Display Changer allows you to swap displays back and forth making you tv you main display allowing you to play your games/emulators on your secondary monitor/tv if you have one. just create a bat file swap primary and secondary displays over, run your game/emu the swap them back. its a free program and easy to use the author even shows you examples on how to do things, hope you find this info usefull.

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

we can take a look at setting which screen an emulated will appear on. From memory, windows allow you to set and or move the window of another program to another screen.

catcher39

Portal Member
    August 8, 2011
    Home Country

True i tried doing it through windows but for some reason on a few of the emulators as soon as you went into fullscreen mode it would switch back to the main display plus alot of games wont allow you to use just your second display. one game in question is the new Dead Island, with that if i have my second display enabled then the game just boots to a black screen nothing appears on either display at all, i have to completely disable display 2 for the game to work which means its either a bug or a badly programmed game. the shortcut for windows is the 'windows key+p' not sure how you would do it from a bat file.

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi I've got the gdi+ error, too. This error occurs when I want to import pictures for a game.

The error pops up for every image which is shown in the right part of the screen
    In the example screenshot the importer found four images.

Box front
    Box back
    Screenshot title screen
    Screenshot in Game

When the first error appears (for the box front) the image also disappears.
    That is repeated for every other image.

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia

Hi
    Given that it has been so long with myEmulators having some issues that prevented a lot of people been able to use it I would like to request a build of this new code for the stable 1.1.3 version of Mediaportal. This is unless of course myEmulators2 is making use of MePo 1.2 features only and cannot be back ported I would really like to make use of this plugin in my otherwise stable 1.1.3 environment? Possible? Desirable?

Cheers and thanks for taking up the cause.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    When I started this version I tried to maintain compatibility with pre 1.2 versions however it became too complicated to maintain the code so I had to drop support for my own sanity :)

komita

Portal Member
    August 19, 2011
    Home Country

I would like to just echo catcher39's note that the database gets corrupted under some circumstances, I thought that maybe it was me since I haven't had experience with this plug in. I dont want to jump to conclusions as it still may be my setup so I will try more runs when I get a chance and try to find a common theme. (The noticeable thing was that the plugin configuration window will crash on opening with an error that I cannot remember exactly at the moment)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country

Can you post some logs please, there maybe some clues as to what was happening just before the corruption. And to confirm the DB gets corrupted when the Config is opened?

The way this version is configured it's possible to have 2 config's open at the same time and to make changes in MP's Config whilst our config is open (Show() is used instead of ShowDialog() for those that care) - something caused by this is my hunch at the moment.

hafblade
    Damn! I hoped I had eliminated all GDI errors in this version. Image handling has been completely re-written in the next version so hopefully we will have definately eliminated them, I'll have a check though and see if I can see what your problem is. Does it occur for every game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom