*UPDATED 18-9-2011* Yet another new version :-) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

komita

Portal Member
August 19, 2011
Home Country
Re: (Supported Release) *UPDATED 30-6-2011* Yet another new version :)

Sorry for the delay ... attached are logs, the settings file and database and the picture/text of the actual error message when I try to open the configuration for the plugin. It might be worthwhile noting that if I click on the Continue button on the error box the configuration window will open but will be completely empty from settings.

This is what I did (today 9/16/11) since I did this a few times before and I dont know what all will show in the logs.
I first uninstalled and deleted the settings/database file for my_emulators.

then I re-installed the plug in and configured it to a mame64 emulator with a few games. It picked up the games for that one, I started MP and it seemed fine. I went back into config a couple time (still good) and then added a MEME32 emulator with its own games (couple hundred). Closed config. Reopened and thats when the error happened. Unless I delete/uninstall from the beginning I cannot use the my emulators plugin. it doesnt show any games.

Here is the stuff:

Attachments

• my_emu error picture.JPG
    my_emu error picture.JPG
    73.9 KB
  • my_emulators Error.zip
    189 KB
  • my_emu Error Text.txt
    20.1 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: (Supported Release) *UPDATED 30-6-2011* Yet another new version :)

Thanks, I think I've spotted the issue - do you have files in your rom directory that don't have an extension?

Basically there's a bug where the plugin will throw your error when trying to create a game from a file with no extension, it's not corrupting the DB in your case though - it's just falling over that error straight away when trying to reresh the DB.

You can either be more specific with your rom filters, e.g for Arcade change "*.*" to "*.zip" and Arcade 2 change to "*.dll" - I've attached your DB with these changes made so you don't have to start again :)

Or you can remove the files with no extension from the rom directory, or are they the roms themselves?

I'll try and release an update to fix this if I get time.

*EDIT*

I've updated the first post with a new version - NOTE: the fix is only in the version for 1.2RC NOT the 1.2 beta version.

If you don't want to re-run the installer or you are using an existing 1.2beta version I have attached an updated dll to this post which you can just copy into [MP Install Dir]\plugins\Windows\ (overwriting the existing).

Attachments

• myEmulators_v2_Database.zip
      7.8 KB
    • myEmulators_4.0.1.15_Dll_Only.zip
      370 KB

komita

Portal Member
    August 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks Brownard! For some reason I couldn't get the other emulator (Arcade 2) (there are a bunch of random extensions in those rom's directories and I;m not sure which ones are the right ones)
    but that not a problem, I have my SNES and Mortal combat roms working so I'm good :)

Really appreciate you making this great plug-in!!

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: (Supported Release) *UPDATED 18-9-2011* Yet another new version :)

Hi,

with this new version (myEmulatorsX_4.0.1.15_1.2RC) system logos are not shown anymore. The logos are stored in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\emulators" and are named as the system e. g. "Nintendo 64.png". However the logo isn't shown and I cannot select it in the config screen:
    attachment.php

I'm using MediaPortal 1.2.1 and the current StreamedMP skin.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Attachments

• N64.png
      N64.png
      140 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: AW: (Supported Release) *UPDATED 18-9-2011* Yet another new version :)

The logo needs to be called 'Logo.png'

Sogg_Nomis

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: AW: (Supported Release) *UPDATED 18-9-2011* Yet another new version :)

I am having the problem listed below, I can;t seem to add the arguments in for the Emulator espxe and when I go to run the emulator it moves the emulator to the background to behind mediaportal it seems like the problem was fixed in the my emulators plugin according to the link below but, it seems to be there again in this newer version.

thoughts

I am having some issues with adding additional arguments in the latest version of the myEmulator plug-in, particularly in the "Path to emulator" field. I am trying to configure ePSXe exactly to what is posted in the first post of this thread, but I am running into issues with adding the additional arguments (-nogui -loadbin). This is what I am trying to enter into the Path to emulator field:

Path to emulator: C:\Emulation\Sony PlayStation\ePSXe\ePSXe.exe -nogui -loadbin

It works fine without the arguments, but when I add the -nogui -loadbin and press the Apply button, it gives me an error message that it's an invalid path (or something similar to that). Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there another field to enter in the -nogui -loadbin arguments other than the Path to emulator input field?

Other than that, the myEmulator plugin works out great with everything else!

(BTW, has anyone got PCSX2 or Dolphin running properly with the myEmulator plugin?)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-emulators-247/emulator-configurations-44459/index7.html

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Installed MyEmulators no prob - cant configure games

Hi Guys,

I am running MP 1.2 and streamedmo and have been able to install my emulators ( latest version ). no problem. I am finding configuring it really difficult though and plead for help...

In the config screen, under "PC Games" I have entered the file paths to my PC games and named them. There is no Save button or anything to confirm these entries. The import/export options under game database are not much help - they find 0 new files even though I have specified file paths for my games.

When I close down the config window and open it up again, the paths I entered have disappeared. And as you might guess, when I open up my emulators in mediaportal, I get "No Items to display".

Could you guys point me in the right direction?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Sogg:

Are you adding the args to the end of the Emu path? You need to place them in the Arguments box instead.

ay:

After you have added the PC games you need to click 'Apply', that goes for pretty much all changes you make in the config.

Sogg_Nomis

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Sogg:

Are you adding the args to the end of the Emu path? You need to place them in the Arguments box instead.

Ok, I am putting them in the Argument box because they were not working on the emulator path but I thought after seeing the other post it was to go in the path.

I am still having the EPSXE emulator appear behind the mediaportal. And the performance of the emulator is very affected by mediaportal if I run out of mediaportal it runs very well but launching from mediaportal at it suffers from about a 40% speed drop. I have also been trying to really fix up the graphics to by using shader plugins and other grapics plugins so maybe they are making it play up a bit I will look into it a bit more now I know the arguments are correct.

Thanks Brownard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom