*UPDATED 18-9-2011* Yet another new version :-) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm guessing you've got 'keep mediaportal on top' enabled?

You can try turning that off or enable 'suspend mediaportal' under the emu config.

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: (Supported Release) *UPDATED 18-9-2011* Yet another new version :)

Dear all

I have some hardware from Soundgraph (IR/Touch) inside my case. if I start some PC games like Dirt3, the Soundgraph Device disconnect and then connectly repeatly. so its unable to enjoy the gameplay (lags every 3 seconds). Know it gives from the manufacter a patch to disable/enable the hardware. so after the game start I have to switch to the desktop to run this patch manually.

my question: it is possible to run the patch inside myEmulators / PC Games?

1. MePo/myEmulator: start PC Game
    2. myEmulator will start the Patch (disable HW)
    3. play the Game
    4. terminate the game with 'Alt+F4'
    5. myEmulators start the patch (enable HW)
    6. back to MePo

More Information about this Issue:
    The iMON Device Disconnection problem with Game Controller

regards
    bribbon

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You might run into trouble because administrator access is needed and myEmulator doesn't usually run at this level.

However you could check out EventGhost. It can do anything you'd like including executing a file when you launch the game (not just through myEmulators but from desktop as well). I'm using it to move the Snes9x window to the projector desktop when it's launched :)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

dear vuego

thanks for your reply.
    I've tried now a longer time with this tool. I've readed the documentation but my english isn't enough to understand how it works. can you give an example to start the patch if the game XY starts?

regards

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The secret is called Task Create/Switch Event. It will generate an event which can be used to trigger a launch of the patch. But this discussion is becoming off topic. Please create a new thread at EventGhost's support forum and I, or someone else, will explain how to configure the program (there's even a German section but I won't be able to help you there ;)).

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello,

great work for new Version of myEmulators - but i have my problems with it. The best i find the new downloadsection for coverart and so on. where i must take the box-Logo und fanart png of the emulator. In thumbs/emultors it dont go. And i see no of the downloaded informations about the game inside mediaportal - i'm using MP 1.2.1 with newest streamedMP 1.7.xxx. I only see the list or the box-Cover by different views.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The latest StreamedMP update overwrites the modified skin file required for this version, re-run the mpei at the beginning of this post to get the old file back.

Sogg_Nomis

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2009
    Home Country
    The latest StreamedMP update overwrites the modified skin file required for this version, re-run the mpei at the beginning of this post to get the old file back.

Legend.. that did the trick, it did keep trying to add a myemulators folder inside the myemulators folder in the thumbs directory, so i just copied my artwork into there and it is now all back.

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

thx brownard - that was it. Now all are running nice - but a last questión i have.

I have the logo.png put in the thumbs/emulator/xxx/logo.png - who must i named the fanart logo in this folder?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom