Updated MC2XML for downloading XMLTV files is available (7 Viewers)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    253
    102
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Some of you may remember the last time MC2XML expired and quit working on Schedules Direct (why does it do that?). Anyway, it quit working for me on 9/30/25. On a whim I went back to the Awardspace.info archive on the Wayback machine and lo and behold, it has been updated and works again!

    Here is the link if you need it: Awardspace.info MC2XML link.
     

    blackss69

    Portal Member
    October 21, 2017
    19
    23
    84
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had the same problem with mc2xml.exe and schedulesdirect. Mine stopped working after a successful run on 25-Sep-25. The new mc2xml.exe fixed the problem. Thanks for finding this later version of mc2xml.exe.
     

    david_31262

    Portal Member
    September 21, 2015
    14
    2
    64
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks... So annoying.

    I didn't notice it had stopped working and missed some recordings.
    The version number still seems to be 1.7.2. Hard to tell that the file has been updated.

    Sigh. I stream a lot of it now anyway.

    Good question on mc2xml.exe & schedulesdirect. I donated many, many moons ago for schedulesdirect support. I suppose I could again.
    I guess I could look at other solutions. Been so long, I barely remember how so mess with the thing.

    OTA days are probably numbered anyway. Networks are putting less and less new content on the OTA channels.
    AND, ATSC 1.0 turn off (with ATSC 3.0 DRM) may kill what's left of MediaPC recording.

    :(
     

    Nordfinn

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    107
    13
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Has anyone run into this again? It just happened to me, and it looks like it might have been a problem with an October 1st expiration date. However, the presumably updated MC2XML program downloaded from the link above does not now work. Thanks much, N.
     

    brain1000

    Portal Member
    November 25, 2012
    21
    8
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi, yes I got the same problem late last week. I have now started using EPG123 instead - MC2XML is just too much hassle every year or 2.
    Regards, Brian
     

    Nordfinn

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    107
    13
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi, yes I got the same problem late last week. I have now started using EPG123 instead - MC2XML is just too much hassle every year or 2.
    Regards, Brian
    Ok, thanks, Brian. Is EPG 123 relatively easy to set up with MP2? I see it's not a plug-in listed in the MP2 documentation.
     

    brain1000

    Portal Member
    November 25, 2012
    21
    8
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Ok, thanks, Brian. Is EPG 123 relatively easy to set up with MP2? I see it's not a plug-in listed in the MP2 documentation.
    Hi, I use MP1, so I am not sure. I did get Claude to create a batch file to manipulate the Xmltv file to improve the output obtained - for example it converts UTC time to local UK time and a few other "improvements". But to be honest I quite liked the program.
     

    Gcarr

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    253
    102
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Has anyone been successful at opening the webpage for mc2xml? All I get is error: 429 Too Many Requests
     

    brain1000

    Portal Member
    November 25, 2012
    21
    8
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Has anyone been successful at opening the webpage for mc2xml? All I get is error: 429 Too Many Requests
    I managed to download the file at the weekend but it was the same version that I had from a year ago.
    Brian
     

    djones

    New Member
    October 7, 2026
    1
    0
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one having an issue.

    I guess I'll be looking for a replacement that will work on Linux, cli. Or figuring out how to use a massive EIT one of the satellite providers has.
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom