UPDATED: MyDigiGuide UK grabber (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Changes since the one included in latest version of WebEPG include:
  • Fixed issue where most channels came back with no EPG data due to "delay" being too short.
  • Some new channels have been added (including BBC Olympics channels).
  • Some channels that are no longer on MyDigiGuide have been removed.
  • Fixed issue where the series and episode numbers were the wrong way around.
  • Fixed issue where duplicate recordings weren't being detected (due to the above).
There's still more that can be done. For example, I've only added/removed channels that I've personally had problems with - there's probably more that can be removed and more than can be added. I also can't figure out a reliable way to grab episode names or actors.

I would recommend this be included in the next version of WebEPG (if there ever is one)!

Attachments

• 2-www_mydigiguide_com.xml
    37 KB
Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Brilliant! Just found this and it has made EPG a whole lot better. Thankyou :)

Can we get this included in 1.3.0 RC?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I actually have a newer version, which I've just put in the first post (added Sky1 +1, Sky Atlantic +1, TCM HD, Dave HD, plus the episode number detection is a bit better). However, I wouldn't actually recommend using WebEPG with MediaPortal 1.3.0 because the genre doesn't seem to be grabbed properly, so you won't a get genre coloured EPG.

It's also kinda buggy - every now and then one or two channels will just have no EPG data for no apparent reason. Oh, and the ridiculous time it takes to grab (1.5 hours for ~200 channels).

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Thank you again! I am on 1.3.0 beta and not using the coloured epg genre feature so that's no problem. I was missing some epg data from a few channels but this webepg update seems to has solved it. Lovely :)

I am only using it for some channels, about 50 or so. I use xmltv for the main ones and webepg for radio and some of the fringe ones. There was lots of channels missing from the original files included with 1.3.0 beta. I have Freeview. Will keep a check on bugs and report any I find!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom