Updated version for MediaPortal 1.1.1 (1 Viewer)

hassegubben

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Uppsala
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Search for Movies with empty field: nothing shows. The same goes for Music.
The Pictures button is not shown at all in MPWS.

I guess I need to add a Pictures .db3 in the MP DB Locations tab in the plugin configuration tab? I have searched all disks for .db3 but can't find one for Pictures. So, where is it? I have .db3 for Music and one for Movies and they are mapped default by the plugin installation program.

I do have a FolderDatabase3.db3. If I map that one I can see the Pictures button in MPWS, but I get a SQLite error: no such table: picture when trying to access the Pictures folder.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I assume you have done a scan/import of pictures from within MePo?

J.

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Found a couple of things. I chose "Update" to MP 1.1.1 from previous final version. The Paths to Pictures, Music and Video were lost. I have re-mapped them. And logged out and logged in again in the WEB server interface. Still the same problem. Cannot search for those three items. Do I need to restart the TVserver service?

JAY_UK: Can you please detail what you mean with scan/import? Isn't it enough to add the paths to the folders where the media resides?
    OK - I am currently performing a "Update Database From Selected Shares" and generating +6000 thumbs. Hope that helps the Pictures part.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there

If you want the DBs you need to perform a scan/import. So from within MePo config, goto the relevant section (eg Pictures) in there you have the screen for setting the folder path, but also a screen for scanning/importing into the DB

Run the import, this will generate the required DB

J.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everybody,

I created a slightly patched version based on SVN r3595 (of the mp-plugins repository). What's new:
    • Uses the DLLs from MediaPortal 1.1.1. No need to copy them by yourself anymore: it works out-of-the-box.
    • A patched Casinni webserver that doesn't crash the TvServer anymore (I reverted the change to aspNETserve since my patched Casinni is working fine).
    • Security fix for the leaking of config.xml, thanks OnkelChris.
    • Fix the TvServer status page on Windows XP
    • Recompiled for any cpu, should work on x64 too.
    • Some crash fixes on TvServer status page and EPG (from SVN r3332)
    • New layout (from SVN r3594)
    To install it, you need to remove the old version of MPWebServices. You can backup your config.xml, but be sure to put it back one folder higher (not in the htdocs folder). I hope I have fixed all bugs with these patches, If it's still nog working, please post it in this topic.

(I will publish the source soon.)

Hi Oxan,

thanks for improving MPWebServices.
    I am very sad that i don't have the time to work in them myself.

Would you be please so kind to post or send me your changes so i can submit them to SVN and they won' t get lost?

:D

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for all the help. Most of it is working now. Just have to find out why the one touch recording keeps saying "Select a channel". I already did...???

Update: All parts of the MPWS is working now, except for scheduling a recording. I click on the red Recording button and a pre-filled in schedule opens, but the three Channel fields are empty. So, I enter TV, Channels group and channel. The "*Please select a channel" warning is displayed and the schedule is not saved. What could be wrong?

Is it possible to create a picture slideshow from the WEB-browser displaying the thumbnails?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Updated version for MediaPortal 1.1.1

I have a question: It would be possible to integrate these beautiful surface in your version?
    New MediaPortal WebServices-GUI released (form MePo User: P4G0)
    That would be great, because you would not have to tinker!
    I guess that would be possible. I've put it on my TODO list and.
    I am working on a modified version to get a bit more out of it. For now, I only focus on LAN using. Perhaps I can get it for WAN, too... if the time has come, i will share this one ;)
    Great! I think there aren't many differences between WAN and LAN if you have a fast enough internet connection.
    • missing support for special characters like "äöü..."
    • m3u didn't work for me
    • changed the behaviour of activating tv on tvserver (optimized for LAN)
    • changed listing of music, records and movies
    • included remote
    • some minor changes here and there ;)
    I'm very interested in your patches (especially the one for the special characters), I would like it to integrate them in my version :) Want to share them with us?
    Thanks for the fantastic effort of making MPWS work out of the box. I am having som trouble using/configuring the service.
    TV, Radio, Recordings, Schedules and ServerStatus work out of the box.But I can not get
    Movies, Music and Pictures to show. I try to enter % or a letter%, but nothing shows. What am I doing wrong? I have not made any configuration settings at all so far.
    Well, personally I only use MP for TV, so I haven't tested the other options. Did you got it working now? I guess others would like it to have them working by default, so if you can share how you got them working, I can probably integrate that in the default installer.
    Update: All parts of the MPWS is working now, except for scheduling a recording. I click on the red Recording button and a pre-filled in schedule opens, but the three Channel fields are empty. So, I enter TV, Channels group and channel. The "*Please select a channel" warning is displayed and the schedule is not saved. What could be wrong?
    I see, I will look into it.
    Is it possible to create a picture slideshow from the WEB-browser displaying the thumbnails?
    Really don't know if it's possible, I will take a short look at if when I find time.

Hi Oxan,

thanks for improving MPWebServices.
    I am very sad that i don't have the time to work in them myself.

Would you be please so kind to post or send me your changes so i can submit them to SVN and they won' t get lost?

:D
    Well, it are quite a lot of changes, which are mostly in the included binaries from MediaPortal and the installer. I've uploaded my git repository to GitHub, so you can find the source here. I can create a patch for the code changes too, but then you have to update the libraries yourself.

nolimitek

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    Wow thx run really good
    But can someone please upload his mencoder.exe for me because i have tested one attached here in another topic and the actual version from the developer site mencoder randomly crashes.

thx Chris

toaroa

August 11, 2008
    I too have the '* Please select channel' problem, so although the schedule can pick up the right info from the tv schedule (i.e. the dates/times for start and finish are both correct), it is impossible to save any of the info

Perhaps I'll have to go back to MP 1.1.0, because that worked mpwebservices (on a W7 32bit machine), no problem for me in the past :(

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi
    I have the previous version installed and working on my MP1.1.1 system with Win Xp SP3. I would like to try the new version, but how do i remove the old one ( which files and in which paths do I remove)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom