Updating from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 doesn't work properly (1 Viewer)

IrmaIsfot

Portal Member
March 26, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well, being unaware of this problem, I just ran the update from 1.1.0.0 (Win 7 32-bit) and could not start the configuration afterwards. The TV plugin was still 1.1.0.0. :(

I came to this thread, and thought I would try edterbak's trick of just reinstalling the TV server.

However, for me it turned out _not_ to be the TV server.exe that had not been updated; it was now 1.1.1.0. (Check version in file properties.)

It was in fact the TvPlugin.dll in the \MediaPortal\plugins\Windows folder that was still old. I guess the TV server was running when I updated, but I'm not sure since I didn't check beforehand. Whether the TV server affects the updating of the TvPlugin.dll file, I just don't know...

After extracting and replacing TvPlugin.dll only, everything seems to be ok: no need for reinstall. I believe I did stop the TV server before replacing the TvPlugin file, but I'm not sure that is necessary?

This solution is not thoroughly tested yet, but both configuration programs runs, and I can watch and pause TV in MP.

About extracting the file: finding it using 7-Zip can perhaps be tricky? Install and run 7-Zip. Inside 7-Zip, find the file MediaPortalSetup_1.1.1.exe and right-click it. Select Open Inside to open the archive rather than running the exe. Continue into the deploy folder and right-click package-tvengine.exe to open inside. Now continue through the $[66]\Windows\ folders, and you will find TvPlugin.dll. Replace the old file in \MediaPortal\plugins\Windows with this new one. Now you should be set to go!

/Håkan

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yeah, I didnt pay much attention to the message though. TVServer.exe or TVPlugin.dll... could have been either one of em. Sorry for my inaccurate description / story.
Next time if I update, I will pay close attention to it and report back if I see the problem again.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Also confirm... Though not so much a problem for me as I use 4TR and re-installing 4TR with out applying the 1.1.1 patch works... This is not a desirable option though, I imagine it is a simple issue where the 1.1.1 is not continuous through the different modules.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same problem here on Win7 64bit. I had to uninstall 1.1.0 first and then I was able to install 1.1.1. Some error showed up, however, since this is a live situation with kids running around.. I am not able to say something specific about it. The error popped up and when I closed it, the installation ended saying it installed correctly.

1.1.1. works now great though!

DonBogo

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Reproduced on Win 7 64
    TVserver running maybe with some "streaming" pluging (not active) like iPimp and XBMC TV server component (XBMC extensions).
    Error message starting MePo (old tv server 1.1.0).
    Fastest recovery solution for me:
    - Uninstalled MePo tvserver/client pluging from windows control panel.
    - Started MePo 1.1.1 installer again.
    - New install: only TV server has been installed (setting preserved because are in the SQL database).
    Seems working fine and only addictional TV server plugin are lost.

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi.
    I reported the same failure in a new thread...:oops: :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bugreports-74/fault-upgrading-1-1-0-1-1-1-a-87832/.
    I attached logs, so hopefully they could be usefull to the developers.

What have you changed from default options? (Eg. EPG grabbing, timeshift etc)
    Have you set the windows service to restart on failure?

Several options were changed from the default ones... Maybe you could obtain them from my logs or else, if there is a specific file that could be attached here, just tell me.

Anyway, in you post I've noticed something I had done: I set the TVService to restart on failure (Windows services control panel). Thinking about it, I am (almost) sure that was my problem...

In any case, the installer should notice that the TVService was not stopped and is still running... See my original post with my ideas...

Thanks to everybody.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As I said in my other post, the team has a fix for this and is currently testing it.

Please give us a chance to fix issues!

Mark

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good to hear the little bugger is found. Will test and report during next upgrade :)

Good work !!! thanks to the team!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom