Updating mpe1 and dependencies (1 Viewer)

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I'm trying to update my installer in MpeMaker to work with MP 1.3.0. But I'm unable to change min and max version numbers, the options are grayed out.
    Looked in wiki and searched forum but couldn't find any solution. And is there somewhere in wiki list of versions and "release" names - for instance MP 1.2.3 equals version 1.1.6.27644??

Attachments

• mpemaker.jpg
      mpemaker.jpg
      60 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Remove and Re-add the MediaPortal Dependency, it will automatically use the correct API version (which is independent from the actual release version) - depending on which MP version you are creatring the package. so for an MP 1.3 compatible mpe you need to create it with MP 1.3 installed.
    If your plugin has DLLs it will search them for the compatiblity attributes and automatically add dependencies.

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Thanks for help offbyone.
    In the end I started from new package, I got some other errors while trying to update old package.
    One thin still puzzles me. In my dll in AssemblyInfo.cs I have [assembly: CompatibleVersion("1.2.100.1","1.1.6.27644")], and the plugin works with MP 1.3.0.
    But in MpeMakerit still says <Message>requires MediaPortal version 1.1.6.27644 to 1.1.6.27644.</Message>.
    Why it doesn't say from 1.1.6.27644 to 1.2.100.1??

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's just the default message that is inserted there as guide for the User. It does not check any DLLs at that point (since you might not have added all yet), but as you can edit it - just write what MP version you suggest to the user.

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi,
    I posted this message in General Support section, but have no answer yet, so I thought this might be the right place.

I just installed 1.3 final and find out that so many plugins are still not compatible that using it is not so fun anymore.
    I reinstalled MP to 1.2.3 version and suddenly can't install Rockstar anymore. I get "Dependency check error" window and inside "Rockstar dependencies" information that min and max version of MP is 1.1.6.27644 (?#$#%!$). It also says that "current version" of MP is the above (1.1.6.27644).

Did again full (%$!@%!$%) uninstall of MP and reinstalled again with the same effect. I cleaned the regsitry, trying to find this number and removed all things with "team media portal" in names. I also deleted all files of MP. Nothing has changed, so I am lost a little. Searched all forum for some tips - still no clue.

Additionally I'm affraid it might also impact my other plugins.
    The same goes with InfoService.
    My IRSS version seems incompatible suddenly.

So something is really messed up with the latest 1.3. And - sorry - the testers did a bad job naming it FINAL (&$#%@^$). Also some files still say it's alpha.

So if any one could direct me, what should I do. Please help!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom