Upgrade from Mediaportal 1.X to 2.2 (1 Viewer)

caveman

Portal Pro
August 2, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm just upgrading from mediaportal 1,X to 2.2
And i'm having a slight issue with the media source.
2.2 only allows you to use one set og username and password, if you acces multiple shares thats a sllight issue.

If i want to acces a share on my clien/server setup it cannot see the "local" machine, is that intended?
The reason for this is to avoid issues when i change a disk. Accessing as share did not have the issues as when accessing a drive.
That was how the old version was working at least..

Tanx for anny feedback :)

Also when i installed 2.2 i had the TVSerice stoped.
But it seems only the old is installed..
What did i do wrong?

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You're right. Right now you only can use one pair of User and password. This will be extended to one set per source in next MP2 version, but for now you need to setup the same user with the same password on any network device you have media stored on.

Media sources in MP2 are completely different from what you are used to in MP1... All media is delivered by the server to the clients. So only the server need to have access to the media. And all media sources need to be setup on from the server pov... In general there are two different provider for media sources, the local provider who is accessing all disks and folders directly connected to the server PC... And the network neighborhood provider who is accessing all network (SMB) shares. Those network shares needs to be accessible by the server to be able to use them as media source...
    Local sources on a client PC needs to be set up as network shares and added as network sources to the server to be completely usable.
    Local sources on the server PC must not but can be added as network sources, if they are also set up as network shares. Then you should see them in network neighborhood provider too... If you don't want to make your media generally available in your network you need to add them as local sources on the server PC.

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just saw 2 messages pop up about the Local uses that have to match the NAS ;)
    HEYYY and the forum now speaks german to me :)

Ok seems the import will take time ;)
    And it only seems that the TV part is acting up :)
    Tanx for your input

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HEYYY and the forum now speaks german to me
    Next time it will speak Spanish or French or Hebrew, depends on the "mood" of the forum software... It#s a long time issue of the forum software that every now and then re- appears without anyone knows the reason why...

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It was stoped..
    But stil got a stange error.
    Now i tried with MePo1 1.20

Attachments

• DuringMePoInstall.JPG
      DuringMePoInstall.JPG
      12.6 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Stopped at the time of install - but active again at next reboot. Verify the Windows services

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom