Upgrade MP1 v1.10 to 1.14 Fails - OS error (2 Viewers)

theChad6

April 18, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Backstory:
Had MP1 1.10 on Windows 7 - All working fine.
Upgraded to Windows 10 - Still working fine.
Upgraded to MP1 1.14 - Everything but the MP Client & Configuration seems to work.

When launching either MP or MP Configuration client, I get the following error:
UNKNOWN [10.0.10586.0]
Your platform is not supported and cannot be used for MediaPortal/TV-Server!
Please check out Wiki's requirements page.

Configuation log: Configuration v1.14.0.0 is starting up on UNKNOWN [10.0.10586.0]
However, the TVServer log knows what's up: SetupTv v1.14.0.0 is starting up on Windows 10 [10.0.10586.0]

So what the heck happened to the Client/Configuration to not understand that it's Windows 10?

After all this, I performed a backup of Install & Config directories and exported TV Server.
Then I tried a "fresh install" with all the data still there.

If I need to delete the entire Program Files & ProgramData folders for MP & MP TV Server, so be it, but I'd rather find the one/couple thing(s) that needs tweaked for the MP & Configuration to work correctly.

theChad6

April 18, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think I might have got this...

I downloaded everything for use with DeployTool.
Ran the package-mediaportal.exe with a install/repair option, no backups (already had everything manually backed up)
During install, it failed due to several .dll's that couldn't be written to. Skipped and let it finish.
Failed:
log4net.dll
core.dll
common.utils.dll
remoteplugins.dll
hcwhelper.exe
Tried to manually delete log4net.dll which said it was in use by hcwhelper.exe
Task manager killed hcwhelper.exe
Re-ran package.mediaportal.exe - Complete success. MP & Configuration GUI's launch.

Manual backup install (Program Files) & config (ProgramData) MediaPortal directories now that it seems to have installed correctly.
Restore backup config dir (ProgramData\MediaPortal\)

Looks like all is well... Recordings, Scheduled Recordings, Moving Pictures, MP-TVSeries ... all working correctly.

Please close ... Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom