[confirm] Upgrade to1.6 Final, MediaPortal.exe, Configuration.exe not working (1 Viewer)

rahewitt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2013
    Staffordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

I had a rock steady 1.5 Final running for serveral months having decided to skip 1.6 Pre. Today I have upgraded to 1.6 Final and have a non-working MediaPortal.exe and Configuration.exe. TV Server Config is still working as appears to be the TV Service with recording still taking place.

MediaPortal fails to run after showing the waiting cursor. Configuration crashes with the Media Portal has stopped working windows error.

I stopped the TV service before commencing the install and there was no errors during the install.

I did have the following add-ons that I have now removed, in case they were the cause of the problems. Browse the web, File Explorer, Logo Manager, Message Plugin, Online Videos, TV Management and WifiRemote.

I have also removed the MPExtended Service.

I thought that I was missing DotNet Framework 4, but this wouldn't install as Framework 4.5.1 is on the PC. I presume 4.5.1 will function as 4?

I have found the following in the event log:

Code:
    Faulting application name: Configuration.exe, version: 1.6.0.0, time stamp: 0x52b77bcb
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb10c6
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000812f
    Faulting process id: 0xccc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cf0722d7e85768
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 15fb3d74-7316-11e3-9887-0016e68cb81c

Application: Configuration.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
    Stack:
      at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(System.ExceptionResource)
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Insert(System.__Canon, System.__Canon, Boolean)
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILocalizeStrings.GetCultureName(System.String)
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILocalizeStrings.Load(System.String)
      at MediaPortal.Configuration.SettingsForm.OnStartup()
      at MediaPortal.Configuration.SettingsForm..ctor(Boolean)
      at MediaPortal.Configuration.Startup.Start()
      at MediaPortal.Configuration.Startup.Main(System.String[])

Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.6.0.0, time stamp: 0x52b77bd2
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb10c6
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000812f
    Faulting process id: 0xe40
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cf0722d16911a2
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 0f1f2203-7316-11e3-9887-0016e68cb81c

Application: MediaPortal.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.MissingMethodException
    Stack:
      at MediaPortalApp.Main(System.String[])

Can anyone help with what may have gone wrong? I've got the option of dropping back to 1.5 Final to sort this I guess?

rahewitt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2013
    Staffordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi BassFan,

Thanks for the reply. :)

.Net Framework 4.0 will not install on my PC because framework 4.5.1 is already installed. At one point I did uninstall 4.5.1 and install 4.0. It still didn't work. I've now updated it back to 4.5.1 as advised by Windows update.

I'm obviously missing something, or doing something wrong? Maybe it's the order of things?

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Some people have been noticing .NET 3.5 is required for the installer reading the release thread.. Who knows if that's your problem or not but if you want to enable .NET 3.5, do it from the control panel - its already an OS component of Windows 7. Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows Features On or Off -> Enable .NET 3.5.

You certainly shouldn't be needing to uninstall 4.5 and go back down to 4!

B

BassFan

If you want to remove/install the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 7, then you can go to the Programs and Features control panel, click on the link on the left side that is labeled Turn Windows features on or off, then uncheck the item named Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 and click OK.

hehehehe.. to late

Configuration is set to .NET 4.0 also 3.5 should do nothing with it.
    that can also be a part of Plugin files which used 3.5 instead of 4.0 :confused:

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

rahewitt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2013
    Staffordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi both,

Just read the 1.6 news release thread. I didn't notice any error messages with the install, but maybe I missed them? The install log has an error thus:

A GIT version (1) of MP is installed. Update is not supported.

Not sure whether this is relevant, or spurious?

I have switched on Framework 3.5 now, is it worth doing a reinstall?

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think if you can, completely uninstall MePo and try and install again to see what happens. Make sure you remove Mediaportal and Mediaportal TV Server completely.

I'm obviously no expert but that would seem to imply your previous version was not the officially released 1.6PRE. You sure you downloaded via the news page and not from anywhere else? Maybe a version floating around in area 51 or taken from the source repositories?

rahewitt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2013
    Staffordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks TheBatfink,

I can confirm that I was on 1.5 Final before today and that the download was from the news page on this site. Can't remember now whether I have ever had 1.6pre on this machine or not, but I think not.

The final Harry Potter Movie is just recording at the moment so I'll try a complete reinstall later. Thanks again.

rahewitt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2013
    Staffordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    OK an update:

Uninstalled just MediaPortal, as TV server was working, and I'm a bit lazy. ;-)

Reinstalled MediaPortal and it worked! This must have been an installation glitch, but it looks like it is fixed. Not sure whether it was the 3.5 issue or the error about GIT version of MP installed.

Now to reinstall the addins, then some zzz's as it's back to work tomorrow! :-(

Thanks to TheBatfink and BassFan for support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom