UPnP / DLNA Media Server for MediaPortal 2 (1 Viewer)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    changes are pushed to github :) (at least for the TranscodingService)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Really Nice work! Maybe push it to the MainRepo as Version 5? So development can continue in this branch :)
    But I think we have to start thinking what happens with the older brnaches :whistle:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    We also should think about an option to start the transcoding in the middle of a file.
    I pushed support for this. I also made some changes to the MediaServer based on this that makes it support seeking better but I had to revert the code for invoking FFMPEG because I need the console output during transcoding. Maybe this should be moved to the FFMpegLib at some point?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you very much :)
    I also made some changes to the MediaServer based on this that makes it support seeking better
    You changed the ResourceProvider. I reused some code of that, so could you explain a bit more why you changed it? What the problem was?
    Maybe this part could also be implemented in a more general way so that it can be reused?
    https://github.com/FreakyJ/MediaPor...Access/WSS/stream/BaseClasses/BaseSendData.cs
    https://github.com/FreakyJ/MediaPor...ceAccess/WSS/stream/Control/RetrieveStream.cs

I know it is ugly to copy code, but I didn't know how to do it otherwise...

I had to revert the code for invoking FFMPEG because I need the console output during transcoding
    I guess that is nor problem as long as you use the ffmpeg from FFMPeglib :) And you used:
    Code:
    using (ServiceRegistration.Get<IImpersonationService>().CheckImpersonationFor(((ILocalFsResourceAccessor)data.TranscodeData.InputResourceAccessor).CanonicalLocalResourcePath))
    Perfect!! :sneaky:

Maybe this should be moved to the FFMpegLib at some point?

That is a great idea :) I pushed the latest changes to FFMPeg lib.
    I think it should be implemented in a general way so that the calling fucntion can receive the output? What do you think?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You changed the ResourceProvider
    I'm not sure I know what you mean. Could you clarify?

Maybe this part could also be implemented in a more general way so that it can be reused?
    Are you getting range requests from the clients connecting to MP2Ext.? My understanding is you request the starting point through the API?
    Some of the code will be similar but I don't have any ideas that make sense on how to share it.

I think it should be implemented in a general way so that the calling fucntion can receive the output? What do you think?
    I think that the caller should be able to get console and error output in either string or binary form. There should also be a way to cancel a running process.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not sure I know what you mean. Could you clarify?
    I was talking about that file: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...er/ResourceAccess/DlnaResourceAccessModule.cs
    And I was taking source code from there and used it in the files linked above.

Are you getting range requests from the clients connecting to MP2Ext.? My understanding is you request the starting point through the API?
    Yes I get the starting point from the Api, like start at Minute 40. But seeking and everything else is done by http. You just get a stream url which you can pass to VLC.
    This is what you get:
    You can put this into VLC and you get your stream, similar to DLNA.

Some of the code will be similar but I don't have any ideas that make sense on how to share it.
    To sad, I had the same problem :(

I think that the caller should be able to get console and error output in either string or binary form.
    Totally agree!

There should also be a way to cancel a running process.
    There was a todo if I remember correctly. MJGraf is very buss right now and I wanted him to do the changes at the core which are required for that... I was afraid to damage something because it seems to be a very sensitive part with a huge bunch of comments why something is like it is. He actually wrote that part.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well most of the changes were to support seeking while a file is being transcoded.
    But seeking and everything else is done by http.
    That's not what it states in the wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Remote_Access/MPExtended/Developers/Streaming
    You also get time range requests? I think you only get those over UPnP AV.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @FreakyJ suggestion if you're short of time to work on both this and MPExtended. Since MediaServer lacks support for series / movies and some other views and I have a version that with the MIA rework branch how about I work on this? It will only be the hierarchical stuff, @henso has done great things with the DLNA profiling and transcoding that I hopefully won't need to modify.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, I would love if you jump in :)
    And the good thing is: I can copy it later to adopt the MP2Extended branch to your MIA rework :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom