Usability - the 11 foot experience (1 Viewer)

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
I can't really see how Play could be a state change button...wouldn't Pause also be this too in that case?? But let us not argue about that, if some people use Play as you say, it would make sense to support it. As you say, the best thing would be if it supported both.

My humble opinions...

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The usability document sounds like an excellent Idea. When I get a chance later this week I'll do a full test with MediaPortal,add my bit and email it to you LordMessi. I'll post a summary in this thread too just for anyone else interested.

Raven, Im glad to hear that the skinning engine is robust enough to give you skinners that kind of freedom. I look forwards to checking out your skin when its done. :D

Moltas, On my remote Play/Pause are on the same button, but I had a chance to look at the MCE remote and I do see what you mean. I agree with you; Play/Pause could be bindable to one button or seperate buttions depending on the users needs. 8)

Program.X

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2005
    Ramsey, Isle of Man
    I tell you what is frustrating me, and I can understand the frustration developers of the software feel. I am willing to put a lot of time into this usability thing, so I would appreciate that to be able to get a full report I would need my Sky hooking up to MP. So if anyone could take a moment and provide their experiences at http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12241 it would help me a lot.

:)

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    gxtracker said:
    The usability document sounds like an excellent Idea. When I get a chance later this week I'll do a full test with MediaPortal,add my bit and email it to you LordMessi. I'll post a summary in this thread too just for anyone else interested.

Raven, Im glad to hear that the skinning engine is robust enough to give you skinners that kind of freedom. I look forwards to checking out your skin when its done. :D

Moltas, On my remote Play/Pause are on the same button, but I had a chance to look at the MCE remote and I do see what you mean. I agree with you; Play/Pause could be bindable to one button or seperate buttions depending on the users needs. 8)

Great gxtracker...please do remember to add screenshots...

Program.X

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2005
    Ramsey, Isle of Man
    My 2 cents is now at the cost of £200! Just bought my gear so expect to start mid next week when it arrives and gets installed. Have also bought MCE. Unfortunately, I don't have access to Sky+ for a completely horizontal overview, but Sky+ is poor anyhow ;)

Thanks to the individual who responded with help on the best card to buy and IR Blaster suitability.

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok, I have compiled my report together and forwarded it off. Unfortunatly the document is too large to post here, but depending on how well it's recieved by LordMessi and the developers I may try to post it for others.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Just got done reading it. It is an interesting document, with many valid points about MediaPortal usability in general. I think many of the issues it raises need to be addressed in the future, but as MediaPortal is still in the process of cementing features and ironing out bugs (and that it is only at a 0.2.0.0) it may be a little premature to start simplifying things at this point.

It is good, I think, that people who are not directly contributing to development by coding can help out by gathering information such as Program.X has done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom