[WiP] USALS Support (1 Viewer)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Howdy,

I have added USALS support for TV Server.

I would like people to test it if they can.

This will install over MediaPortal 1.3.0 Alpha.

To enable USALS go into your Diseqc Motor. Tick the Enable Usals(gotoX).

Enter your Latitude and Longitude. You can find out what it is from this website. http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Make sure you use the correct details.

North is a positive number 0 - 90. South is a negative number -0.01 to -90.
East is a positive number 0 - 180. West is a negative number -0.01 to -180.

Then to test select a Satellite in the drop down box then click goto.

The dish should move to the corresponding satellite.

Now go into the scan page. Select the Satellite you wish to search then click scan. The dish will move to the satellite and scan it. Repeat this process for all your satellites.

There is a wait time for the first satellite movement of 25 seconds to stop the "No signal" error. Every subsequent motor move will have a wait time of 750ms per degree. I will be adding a box to increase this so you shouldn't get any No Signal errors.

If it doesn't move to the correct satellite on first try then please stop the TV Service and start again. It will then work correctly. (I am still trying to iron this problem out).

All feedback is welcomed.

bakerpr

Portal Pro
July 21, 2009
Home Country
I'll try and give this a go, but with some of the weaker signal satellites I have to manually adjust the sat position angle to get best signal on my sat receiver, since my dish must be slightly misaligned. Will I be able to do something similar, or will it be posible to tweak another way to achieve maximum signal strength?
I will be using a TBS 8922 pci, so assume this should be compatible?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
No m8,

I have a copy with the Custom Data Grabber aswell.

I'll upload to allow testing of this later.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Bump for 1.3B as there was another user asking for this, who could potentially test.

Mike Osborne

Portal Member
    January 31, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi:
    I posted a little while ago regarding USALS features but now just getting back to my computer after a week or so. I built a HTPC with Win 8, Win 7 and several flavors of Ubuntu (XMBC, Mythbuntu, and eventually Openelec. I have an Asrock 77M series mb with a I3 processor. I am using the Intel onboard graphics HDMI interface to a flat screen tv. I have a DVBSky 952 dual S2 sat card and Dvico FusionHDTV7 card installed. Both cards seem to be working fine as I have gotten them to work using the OEM software.

I would like to test out MediaPortal, particularly the USALS abilities, but can also test other features too. I noted a download at the beginning of this thread. Is this the one I should download to test?

Thanks
    v/r
    Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom